Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Was a lovely sunny morning & lots of the snow melted. The pump even managed to reduce the water level somewhat, but now we have black clouds.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Forgot to mention. Yesterday, I had to go to a funeral and on my way back, driving through a little country village, there was a chap cycling towards me on the other side of the road... in shorts and t-shirt :eek: It was warmer yesterday (9.5ºC), but not that warm! Plus the howling wind and rain! At times on the motorway (where it is admittedly more open), I could feel the wind trying to push the car sideways across the road!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Test ride of new larger mirror on recumbent. It’s a big improvement with a full road width view behind me. Far better than half being hidden behind the reflection of my shoulder, as per previous smaller mirror not on a stalk.

Did not see a single other cyclist out, other than the last 17% hill home. Mind very quiet in the lanes I chose today. Just the postman out delivering and the farmers in their tractors. Nice little two hour outing.

72C632F3-1B6A-4471-9187-3C4EF42BAF62.jpeg

Last edited:
I decided to go out for a ride this afternoon as the weather had calmed down . The sun was just visible through grey cloud when I set off . I wasn't sure if there were any rain storms on the way, but luckily it stayed dry. I did a similar ride to the other day but I decided to cross the bypass and cycle down to Reybridge instead of cycling through Notton . I think it was around a 10 mile ride .
The river had burst the banks at Reybridge and flooded the fields . The road was closed from traffic crossing the bridge . The water was right up covering all of the arches .

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Test ride of new larger mirror on recumbent. It’s a big improvement with a full road width view behind me. Far better than half being hidden behind the reflection of my shoulder, as per previous smaller mirror not on a stalk.

Did not see a single other cyclist out, other than the last 17% hill home. Mind very quiet in the lanes I chose today. Just the postman out delivering and the farmers in their tractors. Nice little two hour outing.

View attachment 569959
That used to be the only kind you could get. We got them on our first Belgian tour in about 1961 and I had them on the left side of the handlebars to remind us to keep right.

It's been dry, occasionally sunny, mild and VERY blowy here chez Casa Reynard.

Went for a nice long walk this morning (on my ownsome) and ended up on Ely market, whereupon I acquired Seville oranges. :dance: Actually, that was the purpose behind my bit of exercise. :blush: No harm in multi-tasking, is there?

I also popped into Wilkinsons while I was in town, and I now also have the glue I need for my model.

Felt really uncomfortable in Wilkinsons, as it seemed to be full of people, mainly, but not all pensioners, who seemed to be utterly incapable of grasping the (simple) basics of social distancing and mask-wearing. I got barged out of the way by one chap while waiting in the queue for the till. :angry:

No wonder I prefer going later in the day.

Spent the afternoon splitting logs.

Top Bottom