Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Managed to collect the car and do a quick shop in 30 minutes between meetings.

The car flew through the MOT, 137k miles (only 3k this year), 19 years old Nissan - happy bunny. No advisories.

Neat. :okay: My Skoda Fabia of similar vintage is still going strong. Front brakes do need doing, but since I ain't going anywhere, t'is nae urgent. It's got about 55,000 on the clock. :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
nice! I can relate, my 25 yr old Son is driving my 93 yr old Dad's 1994 Camry

It's a good MTB hauler - copes with 4 bikes, 4 people and associated kit. We've got another Nissan, and I'd look to change for another Nissan come the day mine get's unreliable.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Film footage of Monet, Renoir, Rodin and Degas

https://www.chonday.com/16575/moneartist3/

D

Deleted member 26715

Went into the office, our door handle & 3 other businesses in the street had also suffered the same fate, so down to Wickes to collect a new one, along with a 2-way light switch which I was told was faulty yet I couldn't find a fault with it, but replaced it no the less. Then I became a hated person by calling at KFC on the way back for a drive thru AFAIC as it was 14:30 it was an essential journey

Last edited by a moderator:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Went into the office, our door handle & 3 other businesses in the street had also suffered the same fate, so down to Wickes to collect a new one, along with a 2-way light switch which I was told was faulty yet I couldn't find a fault with it, but replaced it no the less. Then I became a hated person by calling at KFC on the way back for a drive thru AFAIC as it was 14:30 it was an essential journey
Is that some kind of latter day game of lock down ginger?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Ok, had another go at moving the stone slab. Rollers won't work, the ground is too wet, thought that might be the case. It's not helped by my poorly wrist.
Next plan is to use rollers, but have them running on scaffolding planks. That might work. I'll get my van as close as possible and should be able to get it in.

The cottage next door is being demolished some time in February and there's several bits of York stone round it which I can have, this is where the stone is from (I could also do with some of the ridge tiles to finish off my wood store, bit I'm not going up to get them. Might try to collar the demo men when they start).

D

Deleted member 26715

The cottage next door is being demolished some time in February and there's several bits of York stone round it which I can have, this is where the stone is from (I could also do with some of the ridge tiles to finish off my wood store, bit I'm not going up to get them. Might try to collar the demo men when they start).
Not a chance without coinage passing towards them, you need to be in before them, unless you can get a letter from the current owner

Tail End Charlie

yikes! you don't want to wind up like that Pompeii Roman

View attachment 570806
It's strange how quick the mind works. As the slab was beginning to fall I thought "if I get pinned under this, I don't have my phone and no-one will hear my shouts" even if I could shout in the event of being squashed. :sad:

Tail End Charlie

Not a chance without coinage passing towards them, you need to be in before them, unless you can get a letter from the current owner
Oh I know that - I'll get the stone before they arrive and would give them something for the tiles if I decide I do want them.

Edit - to clarify, I have asked the owner if I could take the stone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom