Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Chilly, a light breeze but with sunny intervals here chez Casa Reynard.

This morning was taken up by chauffeuring mum to get her second covid jab. Muchly relieved Reynard. Now I need to try and book one for me, as I am finally now eligible for one also.

Almost time for lunch. I shall finish off the last of the cullen skink, and then see what else I fancy.

Not so mundane news really, an update in the interview situation.

It's looking very hopeful, and I think I may have landed on my feet if this works out...

There are a number of options now, where I'd be working in one or two departments. I'll be working at least two days a week at a big second hand shop about seven minutes from my apartment, but the question is if I then work three days a week at a programme to help immigrants to integrate in Germany, which is about 40 minutes away by bike.

The shop has a bike recycling section, which I would be partly working in; and after they discovered I'd fixed and refurbished bikes in the past this became a suggestion I may be responsible for it in the long term...

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
We have a plumber due as well today
It's nothing more than a leaking cistern but it makes a horrible whiny noise as the water escapes, forcing me to keep on closing doors to stop the whining. And as I live alone, closing doors is something I rarely have to do. The guy who came yesterday said that he'd probably have to take the pan out to replace the broken part. We'll see....
[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of a hymn.

No more whining and closing doors?

Depends on how he is feeling.

Forgot to say that my blue recycling bin and my black bag were collected yesterday. I wouldn't have put the black bag out, but mum wanted to throw away a very worn coat that she'd been wearing for gardening. The sleeves were falling apart.

I have spilled glue all over my fingers (I hate working with tiny parts) and am now trying to peel said glue off my fingers before it gives me a rash.

Top Bottom