Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I prefer the German Pilsner, Messerschmitt

Seriously, Ghost Ship is my ale of choice atm, love its sharp flavour
My little treat to myself on Monday - a couple of very nice pints overlooking the River Deben in a quiet pub garden. Won't be doing it again until there's a marked improvement in the temperature. There were people walking along Felixstowe seafront this afternoon dressed more for winter than spring thanks to the windchill.
Lockdown easing (1).jpg

Tribansman

Veteran
My little treat to myself on Monday - a couple of very nice pints overlooking the River Deben in a quiet pub garden. Won't be doing it again until there's a marked improvement in the temperature. There were people walking along Felixstowe seafront this afternoon dressed more for winter than spring thanks to the windchill.
View attachment 584008
Very nice, lovely outlook too although yeah, bet it was chilly with the wind coming off the water 🥶

I picked my lad up from school on the bike today. We cycled the 10 miles home via a beer garden and the sun had gone in and the wind got up, was pretty chilly. I dressed for my riding pace not my lad's and had really cooled down by the time we got there so abandoned the planned pint for a coffee 😭

Never mind, I have a :cuppa: and a mince pie.

Can't be unhappy with that, can I? :smile:

That's because you're not using a recumbent piano. The raccoon is simply waiting for your inning and outing of the left leg till it falls off.
It will have to wait a while, I retired to my quilt, only the sick cat is allowed here.
People say that this is a gentle looking animal, it is not. I watched it batting a semi live mouse into the air and it was obvious it enjoyed the experience, the cat of course not the mouse.

Last edited:
It will have to wait a while, I retired to my quilt, only the sick cat is allowed here.
People say that this is a gentle looking animal, it is not. I watched it batting a semi live mouse into the air and it was obvious it enjoyed the experience, the cat of course not the mouse.
View attachment 584023

Ah, what a beautiful tortie & white :wub:

I have this "thing" for tortoiseshell cats... :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Made it to Wales. Fortunately now't wrong on the van opening up - last year was a mare.

Well, the site hadn't connected us as we asked, and checked yesterday. Turned water on, then realised why water was hissing out of the pipe above the water tap - not connected. Did it myself, then water on - oh it's still running. Dashed into the van and all the taps were 'on'. Switched off. Went to boiler - 'don't switch on stickers on it' bled dry.... Phoned site office, explained, they'd missed my emails and phone calls - plumber turned up just to check and I'd already done what he would have done - could have switched the boiler on.

He enjoyed seeing the cats - well, two of the four as the girls legged it. He loved Simba, the Ragdoll.

Top Bottom