Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
went to a gym last night after work. (1st time since January 2020) tried not to strain myself. I think I accomplished that but felt invigorated afterwards. this morning, however, I am super groggy. may I go back to bed please?

Oh, just seen one of those intercity 225 jobbies in a red and grey livery zip past my window. We don't often see those out this way. Passenger trains are mostly 158's, though there's the brand harry spankers 755 units run by Greater Anglia as well.

Have also seen a fair few type 37 locos on the line of late. Makes a change from the type 66. You can really hear the difference in the engine note, the 37's are much more growly and rumbly.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
The A1 shops look fascinating from the hoardings outside. Dildos and cocktails. Who thought up that exotic combo??

Sounds like the (old) A5 near Flamstead.
1618491475099.png

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Sounds like the (old) A5 near Flamstead. View attachment 584073
I've cycled up and down that! I did a silly weekend a few years ago. Northampton to London on the Saturday. London / Brighton charity ride on the Sunday and Brighton back to Northampton on Monday 😂

For @Andy in Germany - the tally for the rear wing parts currently stands as follows:

3 lengths of wire @ 110 mm
28 ribs
33 rolled paper spacers - 12 @ 7 mm and 21 @ 8 mm
22 pieces of heavy duty card making up the pair of H-shaped laminated brackets
2 card skins - upper & lower @ 114 mm in length
2 strips of paper 114 mm x 10 mm to seal the joins of upper & lower skins
1 paper skin of 114 mm x 90 mm to finish

So 91 in total, and I've yet to make the end plates... :blush:

Top Bottom