Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
A few years ago while cycling the Antrim coast road I spotted two cyclists sitting at a bus stop and he had blood all down his light coloured jersey. Assuming there had been some sort of accident, I stopped to see if I could help.

Turns out that they were a couple from Liverpool who were touring and all that had happened was that he had cut himself shaving at the B&B that morning and it wouldn't stop bleeding, hence all the blood! They had just stopped at the bus shelter to to eat their sandwiches.

While I was talking to them, 3 drivers passing by stopped to ask if he needed help and he had to explain he'd cut himself shaving yet again. It must have been a trifle embarrassing for him:laugh:

Long story short: A long time ago, a splinter went under my thumb nail without my noticing it. I did notice when my left hand, wrist, and right up to the elbow went sort of purple and green and splodgy. I went to the doctor, and he said "Go to A and E now!" They in turn said come back tomorrow, not sure if we need to amputate your thumb. :eek:

Anyway, they removed the nail and some damaged nerves under general anaesthetic. I returned to work a few days later, with my arm in a sling. When people asked me what I had done, and I replied "I got a splinter in my thumb", of course they all fell about laughing.

I admit that it was a few weeks before I was able to see the funny side.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I seem to be occupying some sort of alternative universe.

In a certain light, the hills are various shades of green or grey, or light bluey grey. One day this week, they were a very dark blue. In the opposite direction, the clouds were a vibrant deep purple.

The lady in the house opposite is moving soon, and will be taking her back garden with her.

I am used to being frightened by very large dogs. Earlier this week I inadvertently frightened a very large dog, :eek::blush::giggle:

Splish, splash, glub, glub, glub... Hello? I'd like to speak to Mr Noah about a boat...

It is, you guessed it, raining here. Ergo I am having a combo of a duvet day / plumpitty day / not doing a lot kind of day.

Well, I do intend making a rhubarb and banana crumble later, to consume with lashings of custard. It's that kind of a day, really. But first, there's the small matter of F1 qualifying from Barcelona and the E-Prix from Monaco.

Watched the FE qually earlier - those cars don't half look spectacular going round the full Monaco circuit. They seem to be far more elegant than the F1 cars, almost floating over the kerbs. Alas, my man is only 16th on the grid after being blocked by the two Mercs in qualifying. :angry:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm back indoors, with waterproofs shook dry, after potting on some tomatoes and petunias.

Put it this way. They didn't need watering in! 😂

Top Bottom