Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmm, three throwing stars on my rear cassette on the old MTB that I use in crappy weather. Raided the parts bin for lightly worn replacements :ohmy:

D

Deleted member 1258

Well, that didn't go to plan. As soon as I got my gardening clothes on, the heavens opened. Didn't last long, but everything is now too wet. Hey ho, such is life.

So spent the afternoon making copies of some ASCAR footage from 2002 to send to a friend, and while doing so, ran across some video clips that really should belong in my archive - so made a copy of that, and it's now filed in the correct place.

I got as far as edging the lawn and that was about as far as I got, I also managed to remove several snails from my Dahlias, now its hissing down like someones been boat building.

Tribansman

Veteran
Well impressed with the Wirral today, huge variety of coastal scenery in such a small area. The view over the Dee estuary from The Harp Inn beer garden in Little Neston, the island off West Kirby and the sensationally crisp and fresh fish and chips on the beach the highlights. 90% off road on the Wirral Way too so nice and chilled.

First time I've been to the coast in 18 months, really missed it. 65 miles all in and only a brief shower despite the leaden grey skies that loomed menacingly for most of the day!

Finished off nicely getting the Woodside ferry back over to Liverpool and a couple of pints overlooking Albert Dock. Wish I lived up north, the countryside, towns and villages of Herts are pleasant enough but pretty twee really and dyed-in-the-wool Toryville. And fish and chips cost twice as much!

20210513_154610.jpg

20210513_141045.jpg

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I had a puncture on my four-wheeled wheeled transportation device and had to change the wheel in the pouring rain. The spare wheel of ye olde horseless carriage lives under the boot floor so it was soaking wet and filthy.
That poor tyre.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The quick wash cycle on my washing machine takes about an hour to complete - just about the right amount of time to set a load in motion, get comfy in the armchair and catch up on last night's lack of sleep. The beeping when it's finished is lound and piercing enough to carry from the kitchen to the living room and act like an alarm clock.

And I'd forgotten how annoying that screaming child (Dakota Fanning) was in the Tom Cruise version of War of the Worlds.

Top Bottom