Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm having fun and games with Severn Trent, I need to know which of the four stopcocks by me is for our house before the plumber replaces one of our internal ones, Severn Trent haven't got a clue and after two weeks and a string of messages I'm none the wiser.
Easy !
Just turn one off at a time and see which furious neighbour comes out all covered in soap suds ! :whistle:

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm having fun and games with Severn Trent, I need to know which of the four stopcocks by me is for our house before the plumber replaces one of our internal ones, Severn Trent haven't got a clue and after two weeks and a string of messages I'm none the wiser.
You could come round and take some of my water if you're short. After all, it now appears to be free.

Thames Water are playing silly buggers. They've sent me a final bill, given me a refund and also sent a letter to this address in someone else's name. I'm just wondering whether I should just let said person pay my water and sewage charges for me from now on or whether I should make the effort to sort it out.

I we once organised a phone line to our apartment when we moved and used the phone happily for three months before Telekom cut it off and adamantly refused to acknowledge that it had ever existed. After a while I decided that as it never existed they wouldn't send us a bill so I stopped arguing...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I we once organised a phone line to our apartment when we moved and used the phone happily for three months before Telekom cut it off and adamantly refused to acknowledge that it had ever existed. After a while I decided that as it never existed they wouldn't send us a bill so I stopped arguing...
There's no accounting for some people.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Out again early. I'm on some new meds and they are making me very dizzy in the late afternoon/evening - seem to be OK in the mornings (that's when I take the meds). Other temporary side effect, makes you feel a bit sick, so I can manage a light breakfast and lunch, but no evening meal. Can't face any alcohol.

Lost 4kg since Tuesday. :cheers:(or not).

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Well impressed with the Wirral today, huge variety of coastal scenery in such a small area. The view over the Dee estuary from The Harp Inn beer garden in Little Neston, the island off West Kirby and the sensationally crisp and fresh fish and chips on the beach the highlights. 90% off road on the Wirral Way too so nice and chilled.

First time I've been to the coast in 18 months, really missed it. 65 miles all in and only a brief shower despite the leaden grey skies that loomed menacingly for most of the day!

Finished off nicely getting the Woodside ferry back over to Liverpool and a couple of pints overlooking Albert Dock. Wish I lived up north, the countryside, towns and villages of Herts are pleasant enough but pretty twee really and dyed-in-the-wool Toryville. And fish and chips cost twice as much!

View attachment 588559
View attachment 588560

And people talk & smile at you more. Do miss the Grand Union tho'.

Mild and grey here chez Casa Reynard.

Spent the morning refurbishing the set of brake levers a CC member very kindly gave me. Just need to give them a bit of spit and polish before sending them on to their new home at the weekend.

Hopefully they'll be much more reassuring than the plastic levers a dear friend currently has on his bike. He lives in the Wye Valley, so being able to stop is... desirable.

Top Bottom