Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I sometimes, perhaps once or twice a week, days when I do not feel like doing anything at all. Doing nothing is counter-productive.

Yesterday I felt like doing nothing, so I thought about something that needed doing, which might only take an hour or so.

The area at the side of the house needed tidying up and sweeping. So I did that and sorted the wood planks into ones of the same type. The planks left over from replacing the fence (about eight years ago) are now together, and other more ancient large pieces of wood (in the category of "might be useful one day") were put together and half of those are destined for the tip. It took about two hours, with a break for a hot drink.

After sweeping up, and rescuing some worms from the paved area, it does look much better. I felt a teensy bit better for achieving a small task.

What sort of task do you tackle, or not, when you are feeling discombobulated? No doubt there are times when you have zilch energy, and then it is okay to rest.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Two wood pigeons are snaffling the bird feed, not three feet from the shed window. They always turn up mid afternoon. They can't get the peanut feeders, that's reserved for the smaller birds, Sid, Sidney, Stan, Sally and Sinita the squirrels (we have a lot) and Micky the field mouse.

fossyant

We had an escapee this morning.

I'd heard a thump, so got up and checked my son's room, couldn't see anything, but the cat's were doing zoomies.

Went down stairs about half an hour later and I could only count three. Hmm.... checked daughter's room, nope, son's room, nope, kitchen, nope. Hang on...

Looked out of the window, and Luna the grey ragdoll is mooching round the garden. Argh....

She'd squeezed out of my son's window, jumped on the conservatory roof, then must have jumped off (they usually get stuck at the roof as it's a big drop). She'd been wandering about for 30 minutes. Yikes.

They are house cats due to ragdolls having absolutely no road sense, but they do have a large cat run, so have access outside.

fossyant

Escapee caught in flight. :laugh:

If you can spot her.

I sometimes, perhaps once or twice a week, days when I do not feel like doing anything at all. Doing nothing is counter-productive.

Yesterday I felt like doing nothing, so I thought about something that needed doing, which might only take an hour or so.

The area at the side of the house needed tidying up and sweeping. So I did that and sorted the wood planks into ones of the same type. The planks left over from replacing the fence (about eight years ago) are now together, and other more ancient large pieces of wood (in the category of "might be useful one day") were put together and half of those are destined for the tip. It took about two hours, with a break for a hot drink.

After sweeping up, and rescuing some worms from the paved area, it does look much better. I felt a teensy bit better for achieving a small task.

What sort of task do you tackle, or not, when you are feeling discombobulated? No doubt there are times when you have zilch energy, and then it is okay to rest.

Helping people do this is basically my job, for the reasons you described.

And I still have to stop myself vegetating at weekends.

Last edited:
Top Bottom