Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well the bike has gone to a new home . A young family. We swapped bikes , I will see what needs fixing on his Apollo.
He is very happy with the Helium Cross track.

Does life get any better? Sat in the rain in rural Anglesey, La Villa Strangiatto by Rush playing whilst supping a cold one. Happy days ^_^
Tell you what. Send your colder weather here and I'll send some of our 35c heat your way for a few days. :sun:
Been bouncing down in Anglesey and brassic last night, brass monkeyland in shorts, still nice though, the clouds over Snowdonia look nasty mind :okay:

Murky and drizzly here chez Casa Reynard. According to Madam Lexi, I am entirely to blame for that - her miaows are gradually sounding ever more cross. Madam Poppy is catching up on her beauty sleep and couldn't give a rat's a*se about the rain.

I slept in too, and my hips are still really creaky after yesterday. I haven't done a bike shopping run since Covid hit, so am a little bit out of practice. :blush:

Anyways, I have been making bread (Kartoffelbrot) this morning. The dough is currently doing its thing. It was a good way of using up the leftover mashed potato that was in the fridge. Otherwise I'd have made gnocchi with it.

It's nearly lunchtime, and I has a hungry.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Definitely looking at that.
1621082800008.png

Predictions of sick cats imminent demise may be unfounded and premature, at least for now. He woke me up demanding food and had a fair appetite for mostly tuna.
For a 17 year old with chronic kidney disease, arthritis, a possible liver tumour and last week a bout of gastritis he doesn't want to leave yet.

I had a student from China and he came to class in different national costumes each week. One week he also came dressed as Santa. At his graduation he brought his mother over and they were identically dressed all in red as for the celebration.

Oh, and last November heading to Manchester velodrome there were three Santa's jogging through Failsworth. A bit early for a Santa run? In training? Maybe.
My significant other told me that she saw Batman and Robin running along Trafford Road last week. I asked what style of costume, she said like the 60's series.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
The damage will be done to the roots by next Friday, so exuberant is its growth at this time the thing was fizzing watery sap for a while after I hacked it to tall stumps with a few branches and leaves left on to tell it to stay alive while the magic happens.
Handy thing with plants and shrubs you don't want is that the branches take two way traffic, once the acid is in the roots it is done for. I have 360g/L for anything green I don't like but a friend gave me some 500g/L for this job, you could wipe out a 9 hole course with what he gave me. When used neat on and in the growth area of a branch or trunk glyphosate kills small trees and huge shrubs very quickly.
So hated is this shrub that I planned its end a long time ago, the wish to plant a cat and some handsome looking foliage in its place put the decision on the calendar.
There are other ways but I wouldn't recommend them!

Top Bottom