Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
30C here and a bit humid, with a little smoke from the forest fires both in the West, and in Russia
Smoke from Russia?
Is it at least with love.

been away, came back, going away again
not me
paddle surfer small.jpg

yakking on a tidal river
kyayak photo small.jpg

a friends rental, short walk to a cliffside ocean beach. not too shabby
window small.jpg

Chucks Beach small.jpg

on the bayside, this poor guy lost the wind
Bay Sailboat small.jpg

Last edited:
Morning.
It is s bit cooler here today but I'm already sweating .
They say that ignorance is bliss. Well! I've been blissfully ignorant over the past few days . I've been trying to free a seized aluminium seat post . I've tried caustic soda , vinegar, rust removing solution. The caustic soda solution bubbled up well making me a bit fearful of it causing too much damage . Most of the seat posts that I have are about 1/8 inch walled. I had visions of paper thin walls by the time I eventually got it free. Last night I decided enough was enough! It wouldn't budge , so out with a hacksaw blade . I cut it as close to the frame as possible, into the fluting . It was solid ! Eventually a small hole appeared! Out with my largest drill, about 1/2 inch, with a bit of a waggle It opened out enough to get a hacksaw blade in. The hole opened up the post to reveal the actual thickness, about 5/16 walls, and I had visions of paper thin walls ! :ohmy: l'm in for a fair bit of sawing. :angry:

I went out and caught fish and chips last night. Whilst I was at that part of town I thought I would pop into Halfords band buy a 1/2 inch drive ratchet spanner . I had noticed one there before but hesitated buying it at the time . Gone! Nothing there . I had a chat with a couple of the lads that I used to work with and then noticed that some of the shelves were very low of stock . I know their policy has changed from full shelves but only having one of an item is a bit thin on the ground . Some of it could be due to the present circumstances of delivery, some due to the large freighter stuck in the Suez Canal. It tends to make the "Just in Time" idea a bit of a no no !

Top Bottom