Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Ah, sounds like the railway bridge outside Ely Station. Barely a week seems to go by without it being walloped...
https://www.youtube.com/c/yovo68/videos

Funny that recent reports about lack of haulage drivers and food shortages are all over the news yet they allow people to go on holiday rather than feed people!
I was at the supermarket yesterday and there were some gaps on the shelves but amazingly the fizzy pop and cake/ biscuit aisle were unaffected!
During WW2 (well before my time) there were horrendous food and labour shortages, far worse than today, but with government intervention we managed ok. So today we could similarly organise all drivers to deliver essential goods only and food deliveries will always take priority over tourists! Oh I know it would be a pain for the fizzy drinks and junk food industries but a boon for healthy eating and, of course, the added bonus of keeping the Islands free from tourists ^_^
Ah! Things like that need organisation ! :whistle:

We can allow high paid footballers into the country but not foreign nationals who drive the lorries and plck onthe vegetables from the fields I know which one is more important in my humble opinion and it ain’t the footballers
I think it boils down to management !
Oh! Let's employ foreign workers , they are cheaper . Oops they can't come in ! Oh dear! :ohmy:
Lets get everything thing made abroad as it's cheaper! Oops the cost of containers has rocketed ! :ohmy:

Ah, sounds like the railway bridge outside Ely Station. Barely a week seems to go by without it being walloped...

A lot of Japanese railway bridges have a height limit bar over the road a few metres before the bridge, like those you get on car parks, except these are made of massive 'H' girders with 45° braces so any truck hitting them will have its top sliced off before reaching the bridge itself.

Top Bottom