Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning .
It is grey and a bit foggy here this morning . Since I've been thinking it seems to have got foggier! :angry:
Nay, you just went all misty eyed. Which added to it.

Tribansman

Veteran
I've just spent an hour on the Vodafone 'chat' helpline, as our Internet has died, and achieved absolutely nothing.
I could have summed up the instructions 'Please turn off your router for a minute, turn it on again and press the reset button'

This, obviously, I'd already tried, but it took an hour of 'help' to do this!
I spent hours and hours last year on Vodafone chat. They're an absolute sh1tshow, I feel your pain. So exasperated at their appealing service and crappy unreliable routers, i took the bullet and switched to BT even though it meant paying double. Zero problems since

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I spent hours and hours last year on Vodafone chat. They're an absolute sh1tshow, I feel your pain. So exasperated at their appealing service and crappy unreliable routers, i took the bullet and switched to BT even though it meant paying double. Zero problems since
I've remained loyal to BT for a long time now even although I know I could get it cheaper. It has been super reliable.

tyred

Legendary Member
YouTube seems to be recommending I watch a new release called Get Back from the Beatles. It's hardly a new release I would have thought. I may have heard that song before :wacko:

Even if someone has found a different, long lost recording of it they probably rejected it at the time for a reason...

I think that it's simply more cost effective to use the infrastructure of a large company than set your own up. When I worked for GPO/PO/BT we had our own mechanics, but a lot of work that was originally done in house was put out to contractors.
Or not done ! My friend also worked for Royal Mail and his van was terrible. He kept telling the manager that it needed work doing to it but nothing was done .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Time for some dark miles
Ended up with 52.5 miles earlier today.
Nice ride
Saw 3 hot air balloons

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've remained loyal to BT for a long time now even although I know I could get it cheaper. It has been super reliable.
My router is fine... Its the Openreach (BT by another name) line that is the problem.. An expert engineer is calling on Monday morning ish

Top Bottom