Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Grey miserable morning and set to get worse. Viz at the moment is about half a mile but getting better as the rain gets heavier.
Never got to the dump yesterday with some rubbish nor the farm shop either.
Did get as far as the Calmac office to book a trip next week to the optician then gave up as too wet to bother any further. At least it was easy to park at the pier office.
Try again today to get to farm shop but the vultures have probably been there before me now and nothing left.

Tribansman

Veteran
Grey here too but much milder. Good timing as I've got my long bike commute of the week tomorrow and it's through very minor lanes so nice to have no ice risk.

Do any fellow mundaners have any experience /thoughts using studded tyres in winter, as with no car am keen to be able to keep going in all weathers...are they more for snow than ice?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Grey here too but much milder. Good timing as I've got my long bike commute of the week tomorrow and it's through very minor lanes so nice to have no ice risk.

Do any fellow mundaners have any experience /thoughts using studded tyres in winter, as with no car am keen to be able to keep going in all weathers...are they more for snow than ice?
I've never used ice or studded tyres but have been out on icy snowy rides. I survived without them but I can see why they're a good idea.

I've just come to the conclusion that SW France is not far enough south for me it is snowing here !! Has the world gone mad :wacko:
is that where ppl talk about "the South of France" meaning beaches?

Mild and grey here today chez Casa Reynard.

A friend swung by this morning to pick up the rest of the Sheba cat food that my two little darlings refuse to eat. She has twelve cats, and only two of them won't eat the stuff. I re-jigged the cat food cupboard as a result.

I've also brought in the ingredients for tonight's supper and sorted out the tools I need for this afternoon's bit of DIY. Have also filled the log bins in the house.

My green wheelie bin hasn't been collected yet.

Anyways, it's almost time for luncheon.

Top Bottom