Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Well, I am here shaking my head in disbelief. I've just walked into the living room and discovered my wife and daughter watching Christmas adverts on YouTube.

It's just so, so sad 😭

Their favourite, I am being told whether I want to know or not, is the Homebase one with Dick and Angel from Escape To The Chateau.

Well, I am here shaking my head in disbelief. I've just walked into the living room and discovered my wife and daughter watching Christmas adverts on YouTube.

It's just so, so sad 😭

Their favourite, I am being told whether I want to know or not, is the Homebase one with Dick and Angel from Escape To The Chateau.
Someone pull the plug on that pair of irritating do it yourself frontmen (apologies "persons")

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Last week I bagged the August 1984 issue of Short Circuit with the race reports from that year's Spedeweekend at Ipswich (World Hot-Rods & National Superstox) on the Bay of E

This evening I scored the programme for that meeting. :girldance:

Happy little Reynard, as it was Paul Warwick's first really big win in Superstox, where he scooped the National title. And as a blue-top at that. A fabby little addition to my archive dare I say so myself. :smile:
Don't know if you've seen this then - first of three parts from that weekend which appears to have been filmed by a fan in the back stretch grandstand. This features the drivers' parade so you may be able to spot Paul if you know the race number or car.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx_Tu7U7XnE

There is some of the racing in one of the uploaded parts

Don't know if you've seen this then - first of three parts from that weekend which appears to have been filmed by a fan in the back stretch grandstand. This features the drivers' parade so you may be able to spot Paul if you know the race number or car.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx_Tu7U7XnE

There is some of the racing in one of the uploaded parts

Yes, I have seen that. :okay: I screencapped the relevant bits a fair while back. :blush: The footage, the magazine and the programme, coupled with another document I have, fill in another nice little piece of the puzzle. :smile:

Paul actually won the National title that year, and the footage from the Grand Parade shows he did it as a Blue Top. Must've been a seriously impressive bit of elbows-out driving, then... :notworthy:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
If you don't want to see the women's world Cup qualifier results against Latvia.. Look away now!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If you don't want to see the women's world Cup qualifier results against Latvia.. Look away now!
Close! Next thing will be Leeds scoring a goal! Raphinha 90 + 3.

Top Bottom