Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If it's on the roof, whose got in? Have they come to fix the electric? Or turn it off!
The flats are a permanent building site since pre-covid days. Most likely someone forgot to shut a door when they left for the day.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
2 teas, 2 coffees dispatched. Laundry basket empty. There was a fire alarm test as I was taking my laundry out of the dryer. I can confirm that the alarm is excessively loud in there, also that the alarm in the corridor is slightly flatter than the one in the laundry, leading to an unpleasant discord.
You just reminded me I need to do my fire alarm test early next week.

tyred

Legendary Member
I forgot to take my vitamin supplement this morning.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have bought a small Christmas Tree. For many years I thought about making one like this myself, but never got a round tuit.

There is room for me to add some of my own decorations. It is about 36 inches tall and 24 inches wide. Oh! and they are made in Yorkshire, in a small workshop. ^_^

1638370552023.png

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Funeral attended this morning - nice service, good music. Followed by the wake which went well. Funerals and weddings are sometimes the only time you see some family, so it was nice to see everyone and catch up a little.

I made arrangements to go running on Sunday morning too with one of my brother-in-laws which will be good as we haven't run together since the Chatsworth 10K in September. I better get my running shoes out and do a few K in the meantime as I have been slipping a lot recently and would like to stretch the running muscles in advance.

Blustery and showery here today chez Casa Reynard.

Much of the day has been spent running errands, but aside from a couple of less urgent bits that can wait till next week, I'm back on the level again - and so is the parental unit. Bank sorted, picked up a parcel from the sorting office, soft plastics have been recycled and other gubbins done.

That lot also included a side trip to Tesco to sort out assorted Christmas boxes for the bin and recycling bods, the postie etc. I don't like putting beers out, and money is awkward, so I have bought some nice big boxes of chocolate biskits. :angel:

I may have bought a box for myself as well... :whistle:

Am now relaxing with a :cuppa: and the snooker.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I have bought a small Christmas Tree. For many years I thought about making one like this myself, but never got a round tuit.

There is room for me to add some of my own decorations. It is about 36 inches tall and 24 inches wide. Oh! and they are made in Yorkshire, in a small workshop. ^_^

View attachment 620166

Not only do I have your cat, you've got my Christmas tree. Only, where are the sparkly lights that were round it? :whistle:

Top Bottom