Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpiste

Guru
I went to GoOutdoors today to buy some fishing gear. I had a list in my hand for £180 worth of stuff plus the possibility of buying a holdall for around £40.
I walked through the security gate and saw a female member of staff chatting to some other staff member and she had a mask under her chin.
I walked no more than 10 metres when I saw another 2 staff members walking along an aisle towards the loading area! Mmmmm not impressed but then I turned round and the female staff member had been joined by another male..... all 3 not wearing a face covering! I had to ask if it was normal for so many staff to wander around with no thought of protecting themselves or their customers to which the last male said, " I`m exempt mate"
I dropped my basket, walked out and on the way a cashier asked if everything was ok! When I told her she wasn`t happy and said she would deal with it as she was a supervisor. Wonderful, but I passed her my shopping list and said the store had lost my custom for that day and for the future.
Once home, I reported this to customer services who apologised for any " confusion" and inconvenience caused!
Suffice to say I responded that there was NO confusion on my part and that I follow govt. guidelines.
Rant over^_^

Went shopping far too early because there`s footy on tonight.... there was a distinct lack of anything with a yellow sticker attached :sad:
I did get a couple of packets of Persimmon though. 3 fruits for 59p ^_^

I managed two pieces of Brie de Meaux in Tesco this morning, knocked down to half price, and half a dozen loose avocados. Those were only 10p off, but I had avocados on my shopping list.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I'm hungry.

I went to GoOutdoors today to buy some fishing gear. I had a list in my hand for £180 worth of stuff plus the possibility of buying a holdall for around £40.
I walked through the security gate and saw a female member of staff chatting to some other staff member and she had a mask under her chin.
I walked no more than 10 metres when I saw another 2 staff members walking along an aisle towards the loading area! Mmmmm not impressed but then I turned round and the female staff member had been joined by another male..... all 3 not wearing a face covering! I had to ask if it was normal for so many staff to wander around with no thought of protecting themselves or their customers to which the last male said, " I`m exempt mate"
I dropped my basket, walked out and on the way a cashier asked if everything was ok! When I told her she wasn`t happy and said she would deal with it as she was a supervisor. Wonderful, but I passed her my shopping list and said the store had lost my custom for that day and for the future.
Once home, I reported this to customer services who apologised for any " confusion" and inconvenience caused!
Suffice to say I responded that there was NO confusion on my part and that I follow govt. guidelines.
Rant over^_^

Good for you. :okay:

Everywhere I went today, I didn't see anyone not wearing a mask.

TBH, I'd never stopped wearing a mask. If nothing else, they hide the zit that's on my nose.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Rant over^_^
I think that while you as a customer have to wear a mask they as staff don't. I didn't vote for these chancers so don't expect me to defend the twattery. I walked out of a cancer research trial last week because of health staff not wearing masks. They've said they're ''reviewing'' my complaint. Breath-holding is not advisable.

Top Bottom