Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My contribution to mundane breakfast news!
Years ago l was given some kéfir grains by some Turkish mates when l was looking after a property in the Turkish republic of N. Cyprus. So every morning l pour kéfir over the mixture that comes in these bags, and dream of crazy hot days alone apart from the guard dogs in Cyprus ....happy times.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My experiment with deliveries from ASDA have ended up with a 0% success rate. However, Ernie has gifted me his smallest prize so it's not all bad.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I'm now worried that @Speicher is actually Mrs DCLane in disguise on here :blink: . And that my wife knows about all the bikes, bike parts and clothing that she's not supposed to know I've bought :huh:

Do I pack my bags and leave now dear? :whistle:

I know that you hide the bikes and clothes in plain sight! Yes, you shuffle the bikes around so that the newest one is at the back, but they are carefully arranged so that you can still get the newest one out. New clothing always gets put at the bottom of the untidy pile of your cycling clothes. The new ones have brighter colours than the older ones. Is this because the others get washed more often, or because you think they will help you cycle faster? ^_^

Do you know how much I spend at the hairdressers? Julian used to have a salon on Mayfair!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nice sunrise this morning and one plane going eastwards leaving a vapour trail. The sun shining on the plane made it sparkle.
Light rain forecast by midday so need to get out and do more garden tidying. Jerusalem Artichokes are a curse as they spread widely unless controlled as well as brambles and wild raspberries to cut back.
Quite funny this morning as a lot of neighbours had forgotten about their bins and the lorry was early. When I looked out many were running frantically down their garden paths with bins some still wearing their night attire.
Disappointed in Ernie again as only £75 again this month. A couple of zeros on the end and I could get the FullFat trike I covet.:rolleyes:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Had to cross the picket lines at work today (Uni). They were a 'bit in your face' yesterday I believe. As they 'tried' to hand me a leaflet, I just said 'you are lucky to have a job', and carried on.

I've just 'found' the efficiency savings I'll be 'asked' to make next week by the bosses :whistle::rolleyes:

My university isn't striking, which doesn't leave me with a conundrum. However they're re-balloting to have another go. Again.

Last time I tended to go in wearing the full 'hardcore' look of lycra, if there is one: camo base layer, jacket, boots and swinging a helmet. They tended to step back rather than try and hand me a leaflet. This time I'll have to decide whether to cross the picket line.

Nice sunrise this morning and one plane going eastwards leaving a vapour trail. The sun shining on the plane made it sparkle.
Light rain forecast by midday so need to get out and do more garden tidying. Jerusalem Artichokes are a curse as they spread widely unless controlled as well as brambles and wild raspberries to cut back.
Quite funny this morning as a lot of neighbours had forgotten about their bins and the lorry was early. When I looked out many were running frantically down their garden paths with bins some still wearing their night attire.
Disappointed in Ernie again as only £75 again this month. A couple of zeros on the end and I could get the FullFat trike I covet.:rolleyes:
You live in a posh area . We don't bother with dressing our bins up !:whistle:

Sunny and chilly here chez Casa Reynard. There is a brisk northerly blowing.

This morning I have done a load of laundry and moved all the wood I chainsawed up last week. That lot is now in the garage, out of the weather. This afternoon I need to take logs from the wood store along the fence and split them and stash that lot in the garage as well. Always pays to get well ahead at this time of year.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon and I has a hungry.

Top Bottom