Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have worms.
Not a medical problem but all my garden worms were eaten by New Zealand flatworm and my garden had no earthworms for a number of years. Putting down concrete slabs and removing and burning any found underneath seems to have paid off in the end as I found earthworms today and not found any NZ parasites for some time.
I did send one off to some place in Dundee for positive ID but it was dead on arrival. Initially I put it in a glass jar with clingfilm on top secured by an elatic band. Came back half an hour later and it was making it's way down the table leg at a rapid pace. Must have got under the film and rubber band.

Spent a couple of hours putting up more defences to try to keep red deer out of my garden. There is nothing left for them to eat but I have a lot of bushes and some trees so they have a sheltered spot to have lie down and defecate everywhere. Terrible mess they leave behind and my montbretia has all been eaten. The other side of the garden has a weak spot so they my try a detour to get in. Time will tell.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
News but not really mundane.
Anybody remember Anthony Parsons who vanished from the A82 while cycling home to Tillicoultry in 2017?
His body was discovered three years later near Bridge of Orchy.
The police have now arrested and charged two men in relation with his murder.
Perhaps we may see justice done tho’ the wheels turn very slowly
:sad: .

Tribansman

Veteran
Yes and no.. Kinda lol
I used a short bit of the busway but turned right through to Fenstanton. I wanted to check the newish cycle path that runs alongside the A14. I've seen it so many times whilst driving along the new roads, there, so I reckoned it was time to use it!

Once I'd walked around Grantchester Meadows, I rode into Cambridge and caught the guided bus back to Stives..
It was free for me & Brommie with my old farts bus pass :becool:👍
Very nice. Yeah I've used the A14 cycle path, was very impressed, beautiful smooth surface. Think I had a tailwind too so flew along.

I love the busway, get fantastic views and sounds of the RSPB reserve. I cycled it for the first time a couple of bonfire nights ago so was entertained by a few distant firework displays . Although it did feel really quite bleak, the wind whistles across it and there's nothing to stop it.

My other memorable ride on it was after the floods a year or so back where the sections of the bikepath that drop down slightly were under several feet of water. Had to risk going on the busway itself. Not too much of a risk though as they pass by pretty infrequently!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have worms.
Not a medical problem but all my garden worms were eaten by New Zealand flatworm and my garden had no earthworms for a number of years. Putting down concrete slabs and removing and burning any found underneath seems to have paid off in the end as I found earthworms today and not found any NZ parasites for some time.
I did send one off to some place in Dundee for positive ID but it was dead on arrival. Initially I put it in a glass jar with clingfilm on top secured by an elatic band. Came back half an hour later and it was making it's way down the table leg at a rapid pace. Must have got under the film and rubber band.

Spent a couple of hours putting up more defences to try to keep red deer out of my garden. There is nothing left for them to eat but I have a lot of bushes and some trees so they have a sheltered spot to have lie down and defecate everywhere. Terrible mess they leave behind and my montbretia has all been eaten. The other side of the garden has a weak spot so they my try a detour to get in. Time will tell.
View attachment 620293

:becool: :hungry:

tyred

Legendary Member
My neighbour seems to think that I like to listen to his stupid Omega all evening :banghead:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Very nice. Yeah I've used the A14 cycle path, was very impressed, beautiful smooth surface. Think I had a tailwind too so flew along.

I love the busway, get fantastic views and sounds of the RSPB reserve. I cycled it for the first time a couple of bonfire nights ago so was entertained by a few distant firework displays . Although it did feel really quite bleak, the wind whistles across it and there's nothing to stop it.

My other memorable ride on it was after the floods a year or so back where the sections of the bike path that drop down slightly were under several feet of water. Had to risk going on the busway itself. Not too much of a risk though as they pass by pretty infrequently!
I've done the busway both ways several times, including during the floods there. I meet up with my sister from Ipswich. The Orchard Tearooms in Grantchester is about ½ way between us. I park free in St Ives Park & Ride then pedal to Cambridge.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Last edited:
Top Bottom