Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I had a physio tell me similar so i thought about a static bike or a trainer but settled on the Trike. :cycle:
I'd similar advice given when I snapped my ankle. Go on a weekly basis to the physioterrorist, and spend an hour on a static bike. I asked if it there was any real difference, in terms of the benefits, to riding a bike on the road. Got a bemused look and the answer no, one's as good as the other.

It freed up time for someone else to be treated, and I got to get back on the bike. No instant results, but walking did get easier. Up until I got hit crossing the road in the town centre by a car. Another A&E visit though, and a rather surprised call for a job interview. They called whilst I was in A&E.

classic33

Leg End Member
A trike would have been more fun I admit but I need to do boring things with the money like buy furniture for my new flat.
Fit a stabilizer on one side!

So far this week, I've had a spa break with a massage, got a goody bag with some slippers and a new dressing gown, and today I had my hair done. I'm feeling a bit :girl: myself!

A massage sounds lovely. :okay: Could actually do with one right now after spending a good part of the morning climbing ladders and pretzelling myself behind a freezer to reach a power socket. I've definitely found muscles I didn't think I had... :laugh:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
A massage sounds lovely. :okay: Could actually do with one right now after spending a good part of the morning climbing ladders and pretzelling myself behind a freezer to reach a power socket. I've definitely found muscles I didn't think I had... :laugh:
Have you got your freezer sorted then? On the phone, so I can live without truffling back and dropping the phone in the bath again...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd similar advice given when I snapped my ankle. Go on a weekly basis to the physioterrorist, and spend an hour on a static bike. I asked if it there was any real difference, in terms of the benefits, to riding a bike on the road. Got a bemused look and the answer no, one's as good as the other.

It freed up time for someone else to be treated, and I got to get back on the bike. No instant results, but walking did get easier. Up until I got hit crossing the road in the town centre by a car. Another A&E visit though, and a rather surprised call for a job interview. They called whilst I was in A&E.
I was told riding a bike outside could be dangerous specifically the danger of falling on my repaired leg hence the Trike. What no-one told me was riding a Trike can be terrifying until you've got the technique right, I still sometimes go into bends too fast but more when i've misjudged them or they tighten up unexpectedly. :eek:

tyred

Legendary Member
I was told riding a bike outside could be dangerous specifically the danger of falling on my repaired leg hence the Trike. What no-one told me was riding a Trike can be terrifying until you've got the technique right, I still sometimes go into bends too fast but more when i've misjudged them or they tighten up unexpectedly. :eek:
I can't risk falling on it at the moment. It was splintered and broken in five places. Even walking, the physio advises that putting weight on it won't do in harm but to twist or go over on the ankle could be a very bad thing.

Top Bottom