Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am mostly a comfy trousers and fleece person! Not fond of jeans fabric as it is not soft. I also like my clothes to be on the loose side, without being overwhelmingly baggy.

A further complication is that the operation site under my right arm is very sensitive, so sleeves have to be larger than "normal". If I was going out for a meal with friends, for instance, that top is the sort of thing I would wear. The panels down the front, are also extremely helpful in disguising my lop-sidedness. This is something that I can accept as a "badge" of survival, but try to make it as least obvious as possible.

Talking of sewing I had an accident in a fabric shop yesterday evening. :blush:

Ah yes... Did some fabric jump into your shopping basket, demanding to be saved from the crush on the shelves? ;)

I prefer stuff that's reasonably close-fitting myself - especially with the slightly smarter stuff, although I like my work clothes to be somewhat loose as I need to be able to pretzel myself without risking a wardrobe malfunction.

Know what you mean about clothes etc, as the friend I go dog walking with went through the same about 15 years ago. :okay:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Strange mixture of weather today. Got togged up to go out on the trike and it started raining so waited about 20 minutes and all clear again. Problem low sun again but very little traffic.
Got back home and rain again followed shortly by beautiful blue sky but a bit dark round the edges. Not particularly cold since there was little wind. My fingers suffer badly tho' and still not got anything suitable. I got mitts which are pretty big but the grip is not good for gear changing. Keep searching.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Ah yes... Did some fabric jump into your shopping basket, demanding to be saved from the crush on the shelves? ;)
It is not entirely my fault. On pinterest there is a "Pin" of how to make a sort of poncho, but more elegant. I have some fabric that is suitable, but it frays as soon as you look at it, so it needs a simple pattern, where the fabric is shown to good effect. When you go out, you do not always want a heavy jacket, or it might get cold at home, and there is only so many layers one can wear.

https://www.fabworks.co.uk/blogs/fabworks-blog-all-you-need-to-sew/free-poncho-pattern

Following that link to their website some fabric jumped out at me. ^_^ Fortunately t'was not expensive. In my defence I had been looking for something similar for aaaaaggggges.

In other news from the cycle chat sewing bee owl, that swimsuit pattern I bought is brilliant! Two days after receiving it, I found just the swimsuit I would like. A "proper" swim suit for swimming in, not one that just looks good on a beach. :unsure: It does not cost a small fortune. The straps cross over the back, so it will not slide off my shoulders.

1642697449364.png

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Is that you 👆
Nope.. Food, but probably not Findus Crispy Pancakes 🥞

It is not entirely my fault. On pinterest there is a "Pin" of how to make a sort of poncho, but more elegant. I have some fabric that is suitable, but it frays as soon as you look at it, so it needs a simple pattern, where the fabric is shown to good effect. When you go out, you do not always want a heavy jacket, or it might get cold at home, and there is only so many layers one can wear.

https://www.fabworks.co.uk/blogs/fabworks-blog-all-you-need-to-sew/free-poncho-pattern

Following that link to their website some fabric jumped out at me. ^_^ Fortunately t'was not expensive. In my defence I had been looking for something similar for aaaaaggggges.

In other news from the cycle chat sewing bee owl, that swimsuit pattern I bought is brilliant! Two days after receiving it, I found just the swimsuit I would like. A "proper" swim suit for swimming in, not one that just looks good on a beach. :unsure: It does not cost a small fortune. The straps cross over the back, so it will not slide off my shoulders.

View attachment 627408

Hmmm... I just wrap a fleece blanket around my shoulders if it gets nippy. Or stuff a cat down the onesie. :laugh: Haven't worn a poncho since I was a tiddler in the late 70s... :whistle:

That's a nice swimsuit. Know what you mean about the straps - it's why I like racer back bras, because I hate having to constantly rearrange the scaffolding, otherwise...

Top Bottom