Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
My Panasonic zoom lens reflex camera arrived from New Mexico today. It was in an online auction. I do so love auctions.
Like auctions, not that keen on online auctions though. Used to go to a few, now they're held online, with a third party to go through with fees to be paid to them as well. Not just on the hammer price.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I am used to paying auction fee over hammer price, seems to be the custom over here, unless it is a municipal equipment auction. I've been conversant with the big heavy equipment auctions like Ritchey Bros., along as extra help in case something was won and we had to drive it off the lot or throw it on a box truck. Been to a couple of livestock auctions too. I've gotten many an undervalued bike from municipal auctions when the police still auctioned off unclaimed bicycles. Almost bought an ambulance there once.

Central heating oil delivered yesterday ,still in shock from the price ...... one euro per ltr. That works out at around 50 euros per week. :sad:
Am l right in thinking that one euro is about 80p maybe a little more. How does that compare with heating oil prices in the UK, does anyone have an idea? Just for interest sake ^_^

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cloudy day but dry with little wind. Sun still not up but a bit red sky to the SE.
In my clearing up came on an article in a dental magazine by our then local dentist who worked from a mobile dental surgery. He travelled round to all the schools and also went to Coll and Tiree every few months. Driving the big van could be a challenge with kamikazi sheep and sometimes stormy weather on the ferry crossings. The perils also of working in a small community where everybody knows who you are.
The child in the crowded cafeteria on the ferry shouts over " Mr P that filling you put in has fallen out".:blush:
He would not change his lifestyle but was looking for somebody to take over when he retired.

Last edited:
Top Bottom