Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having been fined for driving through one of the new bus gates in Leeds, where the signs were blocked by a parked bus and a bus stop :cursing: , apparently I'm not the only one.

The £30 fine's being returned to me, having (probably) cost the Leeds council tax payers a lot of in processing payments / processing refunds and (I'm guessing) the court case where it was shown a) the bus gate signs were almost invisible (they state "Although the bus gate is properly signed and lined according to the regulations" :laugh: ) plus b) "the number of offences remains very high and it is clear that many motorists 'have not understood the new restriction'" - my italics) so it wasn't clearly signposted or communicated :whistle: .

They're reviewing the scheme, switching the cameras off on Vicar Lane in Leeds plus refunding me the £30 I paid :becool:

And in other news I've got to write 12 exam questions. Three questions in and I've run out of ideas :blush:
Name ? :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1258

The Plusnet Router arrived today, thy're a bit posher than they used to be, my Good Lady is grumbling that the old Talk Talk router matches the furniture and the new one doesn't. :sad:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
There was a bumblebee it my garden, sniffing at the pansies in a wall basket a while ago...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
There's a new Aldi that's opened today in Greenwich, just opposite where my mother lives. Unfortunately, it's a ''shop and go'' store with no checkouts and my mother doesn't use a smartphone, which you need for the app so I won't be spared doing her shopping. Apparently, if you pick up alcohol, you have to take a selfie so ''age assured technology'' can decide that you're over 18. (But if you don't want to unmask yourself, you can search out a staff member to do it for you.)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
There's a new Aldi that's opened today in Greenwich, just opposite where my mother lives. Unfortunately, it's a ''shop and go'' store with no checkouts and my mother doesn't use a smartphone, which you need for the app so I won't be spared doing her shopping. Apparently, if you pick up alcohol, you have to take a selfie so ''age assured technology'' can decide that you're over 18. (But if you don't want to unmask yourself, you can search out a staff member to do it for you.)

My mother lived in Coventry, and from here I could order food etc to be delivered to her house. Some of the on line stores have a low threshold for minimum orders. She probably enjoys your visits, but you could order the boring bulky stuff on-line, then just get the smaller items when you visit. Just my ... tuppenny worth ..... or is it ten pence now.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
About to enjoy large cup of green tea

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sometimes you get a shock to the wallet. Son just phoned to say that the flat we are getting renovated in Aberdeen has developed a gas boiler fault probably due to lack of use over the last couple of years. The delays are all covid related with the lockdown and then various tradesmen having to isolate and the next part of the job being delayed as a result.
We can either get a repair done with no guarantee or replace the boiler at a cost of possibly up to £2500.
I think we will go for the cheap option.:ohmy:

Top Bottom