Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On another note SWMBO has a house full of ladies this evening. I've retreated for safety as it's too cold for a bike ride.
poker night for the girls?

View: https://youtu.be/IT3BdhTyVXs

Bugger, the power's gone off in the garage and utility room, and I can't work out why. Went to get some logs and no lights.

Resetting the fuse box doesn't do anything, and the daylight's gone. I've got a bit of grace as long as I don't open the fridge or the freezer. I suspect one of those may have tripped things.

Never rains but it pours. :sad:
here's hoping it wasn't a mouse getting electrocuted on the fridge plug in the wall. don't ask me why I ask

here's hoping it wasn't a mouse getting electrocuted on the fridge plug in the wall. don't ask me why I ask

I couldn't see any bits of frazzled mouse...

Something is tripping the box though. I get a double klunk when I try a reset. Given that the only things in the garage / utility room that are actually turned on and working are the fridge and the freezer, chances are it's one of those that's causing the issue. Or possibly the multi-socket, or the actual wall socket itself.

Hey ho, troubleshooting in the morning.

At least it's cold enough for me to have a bit of grace with the fridge and freezer contents.

gbb

Legendary Member
Shopping tonight, phew, arent things getting expensive. I seriously reckon my old £50 shop of last year would cost around £70 now . We're lucky, it smarts but we can absorb it, how on earth people close to the breadline are managing with food bills, petrol etc, it must be really hard.
On the way out, i gave a homeless young lady a couple quid. Get yourself a coffee or something i suggested, well...maybe she will :okay:

I know, a lot of basics have been creeping up, it's not just the more poncy stuff.

A friend volunteers for a local community pantry, collecting and then distributing short-dated food. She says she sometimes comes home in tears, because the boxes she delivers can be the first food a family has seen in days.

classic33

Leg End Member
The only chrimbo chocolates left are gin & tonic After Eights.
mmmmm, no wonder they never took off.
Given their price, I hope you ate them slowly. Savouring every last morsel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom