Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just got up too quickly and went all oooh!

Perhaps I should put it off to tomorrow ? :whistle:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
In case anyone ( @Reynard ) wonders what I mean by "patchwork" clothes, this is the sort of thing I have in mind to make.

This is a lightweight jacket for sale on bay of E, but it gives you an idea of the effect I am looking at, using three different fabrics to "lift" a plain black blouse.

1642685086633.png

Grey and chilly here chez casa Reynard.

I did not sleep well - could do with an extra throw on the bed, that's a job for later. But I spent the morning up and down a ladder troubleshooting the electrics for the garage & utility room. I have now restored the power, and got the fridge and freezer going again. Not sure why the box tripped, maybe it was just one of those random things. Although the plugs were, for some reason, not seated properly in the multi-socket, so could it've been that?

Although paranoid me is going to check everything again in a little while. :blush:

In other news, Derek Warwick's boots have arrived. :girldance:

It is time for luncheon.

In case anyone ( @Reynard ) wonders what I mean by "patchwork" clothes, this is the sort of thing I have in mind to make.

This is a lightweight jacket for sale on bay of E, but it gives you an idea of the effect I am looking at, using three different fabrics to "lift" a plain black blouse.

View attachment 627391

I really like that sort of thing @Speicher :okay: I'm a jeans-and-fleece person mostly, but that's actually very attractive.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I really like that sort of thing @Speicher :okay: I'm a jeans-and-fleece person mostly, but that's actually very attractive.

I am mostly a comfy trousers and fleece person! Not fond of jeans fabric as it is not soft. I also like my clothes to be on the loose side, without being overwhelmingly baggy.

A further complication is that the operation site under my right arm is very sensitive, so sleeves have to be larger than "normal". If I was going out for a meal with friends, for instance, that top is the sort of thing I would wear. The panels down the front, are also extremely helpful in disguising my lop-sidedness. This is something that I can accept as a "badge" of survival, but try to make it as least obvious as possible.

Talking of sewing I had an accident in a fabric shop yesterday evening. :blush:

Top Bottom