Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
To sum up the weekend...

Saturday - Sunshine, shopping, shorts & cycling.

Sunday - Fog, cloud, Silverstone & shivering.

I had forgotten how cold Silverstone could be on a day like this, but the racing was superb and it was good to get out & exercise the anorak.

To sum up the weekend...

Saturday - Sunshine, shopping, shorts & cycling.

Sunday - Fog, cloud, Silverstone & shivering.

I had forgotten how cold Silverstone could be on a day like this, but the racing was superb and it was good to get out & exercise the anorak.

Try it at 3am in the peeing rain while ankle deep in mud looking for an open ladies toilet block. And you've run out of dry socks... :laugh:

I absolutely detest the place.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Try it at 3am in the peeing rain while ankle deep in mud looking for an open ladies toilet block. And you've run out of dry socks... :laugh:

Or try mid April 2016 when the WEC practice on Saturday morning was abandoned due to snow. Guess who was there trying to get around by bike.

Or sunburn on the Saturday followed by severe windchill on the Sunday at another meeting. It's not my first choice of places to go, but at least the A43 is now a dual carriage way. The queues to get in or out when the only approach was through Silverstone village still make me shudder.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

That sounds like all my Le Mans trips apart from the ladies toilet bit

Top Bottom