Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
My second week of training calls will start shortly 😴

Warm, bright and sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

I did not sleep well for part of the night, and so I slept in a bit to compensate. Cleared up some bits of a dead tree that the parental unit cut down but were too heavy for her to move, and have then spent the rest of the morning writing and sorting out another batch of scans to clean up and turn into prints.

Eyes really itchy this morning, so have taken half a cetirizine tablet.

It is almost time for luncheon.

Or try mid April 2016 when the WEC practice on Saturday morning was abandoned due to snow. Guess who was there trying to get around by bike.

Or sunburn on the Saturday followed by severe windchill on the Sunday at another meeting. It's not my first choice of places to go, but at least the A43 is now a dual carriage way. The queues to get in or out when the only approach was through Silverstone village still make me shudder.

Brrrrrrrrrrr... :cold:

There was one time I was supposed to cover the pick-up trucks at Brands one Easter Sunday. I woke up at 6 am, looked out of the window, saw six inches of snow on the ground and buggered off back to bed.

I start getting texts at 9am saying "Reynard, where are you?" and I'm like "In bed. It's still snowing here and it's heading your way." To which the reply was "It's fine and sunny here, what are you on about?"

An hour later, the meeting was abandoned - due to snow. :laugh:

Top Bottom