Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
On my way to work I saw a van with words "Stiff nipples" all over it. Googled it and it's a company indeed. :wacko:

Not sure if this a company though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61414665 :laugh:

Attachments

• _124699347_whatsappimage2022-05-11at8.37.17pm.jpg
    _124699347_whatsappimage2022-05-11at8.37.17pm.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 2
Warm, blustery and occasionally sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

Did not sleep well. Have had a gentle morning. Done some writing and fired off a message to a racing driver friend to ask him about his time competing in FF1600 in the late 80s. I need some background info from him to help develop one of my characters.

The crock pot is also locked and loaded with duck legs, onions, spices and orange.

Am discovering the joy of living with bargain basement mechanical watches. The Kelek has thrown a strop after Madam Lexi was discovered playing with it, and the strap on the Paul Jobin simply disintegrated when I tried to put it on this morning. The Gradus is ticking along nicely though, and looks a lot better for a clean with metal polish on the strap & case and toothpaste on the crystal.

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

I've ended up with a sore Achilles after a ride earlier went wrong; the rear mech on my Avanti Circa ended up in the rear wheel, breaking a spoke.

I was about 4 miles from home and had a long carry/push, with a stop for lunch on the way.

But it was a long uphill trek in SPD shoes. The RH Achilles is currently being treated and will hopefully be OK enough for a 400km audax starting Saturday morning.

that would have been a long walk barefoot, but maybe that would have been better?

I'm not knocking Assam I was just using it as an example of a non-blended Tea

If you look at antique tea caddy's you'll find 2 receptacles inside, one for black (Indian) and the other for the more expensive green (Chinese) leaves with the object being you could blend your own.

View attachment 644431

Also note it has a lock to prevent ones servants from nicking your expensive commodity

Tea was spendy, so was sugar and porcelain, so taking tea was a right way of showing off.

But did you know that when tea first arrived in the UK in the 17th century, people would brew the tea, then throw away the liquid and eat the leaves... :wacko:

I wonder if these people who dislike green tea so much allow it to steep for too long, it should be very light straw in colour.

In other news, I have eaten a prawn cocktail one day over date. I like to live dangerously.

The cooked chicken breast fillets I bought last week on yellow sticker is the subject of a recall notice - there has been an outbreak of salmonella at the processing plant.

Cost me more to go back to Tesco for a refund than what I paid, so I'll just take it out of the freezer and bin it.

I wonder if these people who dislike green tea so much allow it to steep for too long, it should be very light straw in colour.

In other news, I have eaten a prawn cocktail one day over date. I like to live dangerously.

I have to admit, I never really enjoyed the stuff, even when prepared in a Japanese tea ceremony run by one of the most well known tea ceremony... leading... people*... in one of the tea societies in Japan, stirred with the bamboo frother and supplied with those little biscuits that are supposed to take the edge off the bitterness.

*I'm sure they have an official title, but my wife called her "Grandma"...

Last edited:
Tea was spendy, so was sugar and porcelain, so taking tea was a right way of showing off.

But did you know that when tea first arrived in the UK in the 17th century, people would brew the tea, then throw away the liquid and eat the leaves... :wacko:

I wonder who first said: "Hey, everyone, I've got an idea..."

Probably just after the invention of tea bags, come to think of it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom