Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Molly is enjoying Dynasties. :laugh:

1E7DDEDF-0B7D-4F8D-82B4-F54FC79BC326.jpeg

classic33

Leg End Member
Now why am I not surprised that you did this. Out of interest, how did you find out, and what happened in the aftermath?

Alas, Germany not only allows homework, but positively insists on it: schools operate like colleges from year 1 and kids just come home halfway through the day (sometimes as early as eleven O'clock) with homework; it's considered part of the system.
New books in the local library, all in the same section, I just went through those that appeared interesting. No interest in the Mills & Boon type books. Then there was this selection of new to the system books, all paperbacks, all the same series.

Well once the unrest had been quelled, I was told not to bring the book in again. The amount of homework dropped for a while, maybe they were checking, but it went back to near normal within the month.

Proof you don't need the internet to find things out though.

New books in the local library, all in the same section, I just went through those that appeared interesting. No interest in the Mills & Boon type books. Then there was this selection of new to the system books, all paperbacks, all the same series.

Well once the unrest had been quelled, I was told not to bring the book in again. The amount of homework dropped for a while, maybe they were checking, but it went back to near normal within the month.

Proof you don't need the internet to find things out though.

The sad thing is, this is exactly what a school should be encouraging. If they'd responded with a sense of humour and encouragement for actually showing initiative, they could have ended up with a lot of goodwill and very enthusiastic pupils, and a very well used library.

classic33

Leg End Member
The sad thing is, this is exactly what a school should be encouraging. If they'd responded with a sense of humour and encouragement for actually showing initiative, they could have ended up with a lot of goodwill and very enthusiastic pupils, and a very well used library.
I only had the book for the first two hours. Got it back at as I was going home. During that time I know various teachers also read it, or parts at least.

Look on the bright side, they didn't do me for starting civil unrest in four schools. They already knew I didn't have the same reading interests as anyone else.

Top Bottom