Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
In other news, my next door neighbour (on the opposite side to Mr Benn) owns a cafe. Sometimes on a Saturday they have some cakes left over, and they are closed on Sundays. Guess who was able to purchase some excellent slices of home made cakes yesterday? ^_^

Grey here chez Casa Reynard. Not sure what it's doing outside, as I haven't been out.

Did not sleep well, so I'm very much in grumpypants mode. But I'm comfy in a onesie and have plonked myself in front of the telly to watch the most excellent racing from Brands Hatch. The first touring car race hasn't disappointed, and the support action I've seen so far has been entertaining as well.

I've also done a bit of writing - well edited a few things. The current part of the story I'm working on is actually set at Brands albeit in the late 1980s, so it's nice to be able to refresh my memory just a little. I've been working mainly from photos that I've been pulling out of my archive.

Just about to pop some sausage rolls in the oven.

classic33

Leg End Member
Exactly. With all that's happening to teenagers brains it's a miracle they retain any extra information long enough to spew it out on an exam paper.
We managed, didn't we?

Not certain why.

However when I took the book into school(1978) that stated this, and the law covering it, it nearly caused a riot. In the school I was at and the three nearby.

You never asked before today.

Now why am I not surprised that you did this. Out of interest, how did you find out, and what happened in the aftermath?

Alas, Germany not only allows homework, but positively insists on it: schools operate like colleges from year 1 and kids just come home halfway through the day (sometimes as early as eleven O'clock) with homework; it's considered part of the system.

Top Bottom