Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Coffee & breakfast done. Time to get dressed and head off to Mallory Park.

That’s a long ride:bicycle:or drive

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nice sunny morning when I got up late today.
Quick breakfast and then out on trike. Got a text from Calmac saying the main road was only passible by cars { this due to the offroad bus not being recovered yet} and anybody else has to find an alternative and that means my normal route is going to be busy. Not to bad but the jungle drums had been throbbing but not very accurately so a lot of cars took the only reasonable alternative. Not sure what they can do about bus passengers tho' as there is nowhere to turn round anywhere near and a double decker would be a frightening prospect on bits of that road.
Anyway heard a cuckoo twice and a variety of wildlife before turning back earlier than usual.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
That’s a long ride:bicycle:or drive

Just over 300 mile round trip by car as I think it's only the M3 you can cycle on😁

Got here, went to make a cuppa...
Water bottle - check
Gas stove -check
Kettle - check
Mug - check
Coffee - buggerations!
As far as I know the jar of coffee is still on my kitchen table after a last minute repack of the backpack ☹️.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Why is trying to get children to do home work such a hard task :sad:

They can't hear you because there's too much noise in their heads.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Kizzy has been given her P45.

There was a mouse in the lounge, and Kizzy could not catch it. It ran into the utility room and she still could not catch it. When I went into the utility room it was just in front of the washing machine. I had a damp flannel in my hand and threw it over the mouse. The weight of said flannel was enough to stop it moving while I got another flannel and sort of wrapped both flannels around the mouse. Mouse in flannel were taken outside. I had a good look at mouse (large, brown, and slightly dishevelled) before I let it go amongst some tall plants in the front garden.

There is cyclist who lives up the road, who is now wondering why one of his neighbours talks to damp flannels. :giggle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom