Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
's a bit like most of the roads out here @oldwheels - only with a better surface...

It does have a reasonable surface at the moment but takes a fair battering from heavy goods vehicles of all kinds and often has a fair volume of traffic. This is the second time this week it has been blocked. My main cycling route is similar in width but the surface is parts means I cannot exceed slow walking pace on my trike due to the potholes.

I have a problem with having to have a winner. 0 - 0 at full time, 0 - 0 after extra time. No goals to separate the two teams. In my head, that was a draw. Similar to the England v New Zealand World ODI final. Scores tied at the end of the game, play a concocted ''superover'' and still the scores are tied, play another superover and still end up with the scores tied. That, in my mind was a tie - three times a tie - but they have to have a winner on some arbitrary rule about boundaries scored.

But, there again, I don't get that the red team played in red and the blue team played in yellow. Unless the referee is chromatically challenged, of course.

I remember the cup final replays - us Gunners won the last ever replay back in '93. :becool:

On match stats tho, Liverpool had more possession (53% - 47%), more shots (17-10), but shots on target, corners and fouls were even stevens.

It is a knockout competition though, so there has to be a winner.

It does have a reasonable surface at the moment but takes a fair battering from heavy goods vehicles of all kinds and often has a fair volume of traffic. This is the second time this week it has been blocked. My main cycling route is similar in width but the surface is parts means I cannot exceed slow walking pace on my trike due to the potholes.

Here everything gets chewed up by farm machinery, and peat soils aren't terribly stable.

One CC member who rode past my house a while ago described the roads as "biblically bad"

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I remember the cup final replays - us Gunners won the last ever replay back in '93. :becool:

On match stats tho, Liverpool had more possession (53% - 47%), more shots (17-10), but shots on target, corners and fouls were even stevens.

It is a knockout competition though, so there has to be a winner.

A knockout where neither team can knock the other one out during the game, though.

(Mind you, I'm not too sure about a knockout song contest, either.)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Off to walk up Snowdon in a few hours. Not so sure its a good idea as I've twisted my knee. Been on painkillers and volterol all day. Easing a little.

classic33

Leg End Member
Most epic puncture repair ever.
Started at almost 3 pm. Finished at 5.15pm.

Inbetween:

Got spare tube and pump from manager.
Removed rear wheel, tyre and tube. Found the culprit - tiny piece of metal spike. Took that out too. All that took around 10 minutes.
Tried to pump the new tube a bit.
Pump doesn't work.
After a while messaged to manager that his pump doesn't work.
Help arrived - 2 patrol cars and 5 people.
They tried to pump the tube. Nope.
Then they tried to use electric pump they found in one of the patrol cars. That pump didn't work too (solidarity with manual pump, eh ...)
Supervisor asked me if I've got money with me. Yes I have. "We can take you to Halfords".
I jumped in the security patrol car and after a few seconds I asked supervisor if he can take me home instead and I'll grab my puncture repair kit. Yup, no problem.
Came home, grabbed my kit and we went back to work. I tried my best not to puke all over the car as supervisor speed up from 0 mph to 10000 whatever mph in a fraction of a second (that's electric car for you).
Relaxed about 5 minutes while my intestines got back from my throat into their designated place in my stomach.
Changed the tube, pumped it - all done in 10 minutes.

All this because I didn't have puncture repair kit with me. Don't know why I kept it at home. Ignorance, laziness or both.

View attachment 644713
You don't do things the easy way do you.
They didn't want to give you a lift home at the end of your shift!
That's disgraceful and I'd be having words if I were you.

Top Bottom