Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Snowdon walk went OK. Knee survived, but did not like the steep descent back to windy bridge, agony.

Got to the top as the sun started to rise/poke through clouds. Got some good views before the cloud came in after half an hour.

We had a couple of slow people in our group, one chap younger than me, but very unfit - he made it though, but must have suffered.

Time for a :cuppa: and BTCC race 3.

It is raining again at Brands. Reverse grid race, what could *possibly* go wrong... :whistle:

Struggling to stay awake... Need a sugar boost I think. Or maybe it's time to have a very rare coffee.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Snowdon walk went OK. Knee survived, but did not like the steep descent back to windy bridge, agony.

Got to the top as the sun started to rise/poke through clouds. Got some good views before the cloud came in after half an hour.

We had a couple of slow people in our group, one chap younger than me, but very unfit - he made it though, but must have suffered.

When my daughter & I were getting out of our tents @ 03:00 we could see lots of lights bobbing around on the mountain. One of those was yours!!
We started our ascent at a more leisurely 04:15!

What time was that helicopter flying around at? Was it Mountain Rescue? I couldn't be bothered to look at my clock.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Good job I got out early this morning as we since have had heavy rain showers. Looking out my window I see why.
The "Rain Boat" as we call it is anchored in the bay. It always rains when she appears.
This is the MV Columba which was our ferry in the 1970s and was said to be lead lined to act as a mobile nuclear bomb refuge for royalty. Later sold and became a luxury cruise liner called Hebridean Princess.
The off road bus has now been recovered and road opened. One Settler started whinging about the inconvenience and was promptly set upon by all and sundry. This was the only person who complained.
My inconvenience this morning was that my chain decided to jump over the big front ring but fortunately near a passing place where I got my fingers a bit oily. Must carry some disposable gloves in future but no idea why this suddenly happened as there was no history of this.:ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
When my daughter & I were getting out of our tents @ 03:00 we could see lots of lights bobbing around on the mountain. One of those was yours!!
We started our ascent at a more leisurely 04:15!

What time was that helicopter flying around at? Was it Mountain Rescue? I couldn't be bothered to look at my clock.

Didn't hear a copter, sorry. You were walking much faster than our group. Quite fun^_^ in ^_^the dark. We saw ISS at 2:20am ish, and a bunch of Elons star links spread out.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I gave up caffeine about a week ago along with added sugar and went through withdrawals! Just starting to feel better now. Bit of intermittent fasting thrown in most days and hoping to get in better shape.

For no discernable reason I have given up on tea and coffee upsets my gastric reflux. I hardly ever think about it now tho' I do have an occasional cup of coffee as a treat. You soon get over any craving.

Last edited:
Top Bottom