Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm no longer at the hospital. Decided I've done more than enough, and getting told to shut up (when explaining her mum was in distress again and the time wasn't now - sisters started playing god awful internet hymns and singing something else, but not pressing the nurse button.

MIL is still alive now, so I was right.

I've really looked after them, buying drinks, food etc, and given a week of holidays up. Enough.

MIL is a fighter though.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Talking of Bank adverts:

I particularly like the new HSBC advert, which proudly announces it's helping homeless people get a bank account. Which is excellent!

It's a shame they and other banks (including the bank the rest of our family bank with) don't show the same enthusiasm towards first time applicants, like young people still living with their parents, who have no utility bills or credit history to prove where they live.

In the end, my son had to go to an online bank, who only needed a passport and short Facetime interview.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm no longer at the hospital. Decided I've done more than enough, and getting told to shut up (when explaining her mum was in distress again and the time wasn't now - sisters started playing god awful internet hymns and singing something else, but not pressing the nurse button.

MIL is still alive now, so I was right.

I've really looked after them, buying drinks, food etc, and given a week of holidays up. Enough.

MIL is a fighter though.

SWMBO had a patient like that recently; on end-of-life care, no food/water etc.

She was the sole voice to feed them as a Dietitian for 10 days as they kept going.

Two months later and the patient walked out of her ward last week to go home.

Hope it works out for you.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Pizza or salad? This is the biggest problem today 🤔
I seem to have settled on half the pizza with a small salad. This, of course, means that tomorrow I will have the same meal again.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sunshine and showers often both at the same time and the showers are heavy.
Read some Dervla Murphy. She seems pretty tough but carried a gun which she produced and used in occasion. Never get off with that nowadays and the political geography has changed a lot as well since she started travelling.
I then decided to have a look on my bookshelves for an Anne Mustoe book and found all sorts of books I had completely forgotten about.
Really I only go the the library nowadays to help keep them open as the council are forever trying to close libraries and would do so if not enough people went.
One local councillor declared that she would never countenance closing our local library. When it came to a vote she quietly voted in favour of closing and expected nobody to notice.:laugh: She is no longer a local councillor and the library was reinstated.
Apparently she always voted for the winning side after finding out how the rest would vote.:wacko:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Just read this :laugh:

IMG_0936.jpg

Cool, grey and rather blustery here chez Casa Reynard.

I slept ok, but feel rather bleurgh. Hey ho. But I have done some things in the kitchen this morning, and I have untangled some of the rather clumsy writing I did yesterday evening. There is a big difference between getting ideas down onto paper (well, a computer screen, but YKWIM) and fine tuning something to a readable state.

The green wheelie bin was emptied early doors, and is ready to have a whole load of nettles shipped into it.

I shall be doing some gardening this afternoon. The tomato plants I bought last week are looking good and are ready to be potted on. Will also need to sort out some kind of wigwam for the runner beans. I couldn't resist buying a tray of plants on the market.

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

Top Bottom