Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning .
I discovered that our little monster had killed a small fledgling this morning . :sad:. I growled at him but I don't think he understood .

He just thinks you're one hell of a godawful cat, and ergo he has to exert himself to contribute to the household. :laugh:

pawl

Legendary Member
Cool, grey and rather blustery here chez Casa Reynard.

I slept ok, but feel rather bleurgh. Hey ho. But I have done some things in the kitchen this morning, and I have untangled some of the rather clumsy writing I did yesterday evening. There is a big difference between getting ideas down onto paper (well, a computer screen, but YKWIM) and fine tuning something to a readable state.

The green wheelie bin was emptied early doors, and is ready to have a whole load of nettles shipped into it.

I shall be doing some gardening this afternoon. The tomato plants I bought last week are looking good and are ready to be potted on. Will also need to sort out some kind of wigwam for the runner beans. I couldn't resist buying a tray of plants on the market.

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

I grow mine up a wigwam of plastic coated 6ft poles.I used to use canes.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
I've gone outside for mine. I do have some netting for when they have flowered

IMG_20220526_145644.jpg

Roseland triker

Davidstow cheese??

I use hazel withies for beans. All I need to do is go out the back of the garden and cut some from the hedge.

Used to grow veg on a reasonable scale, but it's just mum and me, and what to do with the inevitable glut. I just keep it small these days, with a few tomato plants, some beans and the odd courgette sometimes. Plus various planters of herbs.

Roseland triker

Two slices of wholemeal toast for luncheon, one with chicken liver pate, the other with vintage Cornish cheddar, plus an orange, some strawberries and two :cuppa:

Yep, that's the one. :okay:

I use the Tesco own brand extra-mature mostly - it's actually surprisingly good, and I kind of feel embarrassed calling it "cooking cheddar". But I'm a sucker for a really good piece of cheese.
Try nettle wrapped yarg...😋

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I know mushrooms grow in dark places but in socks Should have changed his socks more often.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Not sure about commenting further in case I get into trouble. You do know that a sock mushroom is a wooden dome to keep the hole open for darning?
Being a wartime child I learned at an early age to darn my own socks and since my mother was a seamstress and dressmaker I was taught the proper way to do all sorts of garment repairs.

Try nettle wrapped yarg...😋

Seems like a good way of getting revenge on nettles... :laugh:

I'll have a look out for that, although I've probably already tried it - most cheeses find their way into my fridge at some point. :blush: Either Waitrose or the Saturday farmer's market will be the best bet I think, as Ely doesn't have a cheesemonger, never mind a good one... :sad:

Top Bottom