Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Not sure about commenting further in case I get into trouble. You do know that a sock mushroom is a wooden dome to keep the hole open for darning?
Being a wartime child I learned at an early age to darn my own socks and since my mother was a seamstress and dressmaker I was taught the proper way to do all sorts of garment repairs.

A picture is worth a thousand pixels....
WW_Accessories_Wooden-Darning-Mushroom.jpg

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Seems like a good way of getting revenge on nettles... :laugh:

I'll have a look out for that, although I've probably already tried it - most cheeses find their way into my fridge at some point. :blush: Either Waitrose or the Saturday farmer's market will be the best bet I think, as Ely doesn't have a cheesemonger, never mind a good one... :sad:

I've potted on half a dozen tomatoes:

1 Roma plum tomato
1 Tumbling Tom cherry tomato
1 Supersteak
1 Marmande
2 Moneymaker salad tomatoes

Left for another time are:

2 Bloody Butcher salad tomatoes
1 Christmas Grapes cherry tomato
Waitrose do yarg.

I planted red tomatoes 😊

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
View attachment 646346 This is not my picture as from my windows it was obscured by trees.
According to local FB gurus it is the largest yacht in the world with obscure ownership and secretive movements.
It's really not that big. You should see what we get in Falmouth.

pawl

Legendary Member
Not sure about commenting further in case I get into trouble. You do know that a sock mushroom is a wooden dome to keep the hole open for darning?
Being a wartime child I learned at an early age to darn my own socks and since my mother was a seamstress and dressmaker I was taught the proper way to do all sorts of garment repairs.

My mum had one. I wonder what happened to it.Actually I’ve just found it.Wondered why I walked with a limp.:sad::sad::sad:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Seen 2 steam engines today . Went down to Thingley this lunchtime to watch Mayflower haul a steam special down to Bath . Whilst there I heard about another steam engine popping down around 3.20. I saw the Duchess of Sutherland go by wth one coach from my bedroom at 3.30.

:scratch:How big is your bedroom? Or was it a very small coach? ^_^

Top Bottom