Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The guys drilling into my wall have driven me out of the flat so I've gone for a coffee in the garden of Oxleas Wood café. Halloumi and avocado wrap as well.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Went out for a run around locally on my trike and decided to do the circuit through the camp site. This involves a blast along the A828 for just over half a mile. Watch for traffic coming from Connel Bridge and when you think the last one is past blast off and try to get to the end before the next lot arrive behind. Never usually make it.
On the cycle path and phone goes and as I am expecting a call regarding my purchase of a mobility scooter stop to answer it. Hospital wants me in next Monday for a scan but I explain the difficulty with that and after a bit of negotiation settle on 1600 today so long as I have had nothing to eat or drink since breakfast. I am naturally starving and was looking forward to lunch.:sad:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Leaving work, I found my rear tyre was flat. It must have been something hefty to make it past the puncture protection and slime tube.

I found what appeared to be an old 1 inch iron floorboard nail, embedded near the sidewall of the tyre.

On closer inspection, it wasn't a nail at all, but a thorn

What size flower did that come from ? A Triffid ? :eek:

You should see the thorns on my blackthorn hedge! Cuttinng them & the hawthorn inevitably leaves plenty of thorns on the ground. My shoes have numerous holes in the soles. :eek:

Nearly time to cut it and leave the occasional twig on the pavement for the schoolboys on their bikes.:evil:

(not really, I do try to clear up, but somehow I'm usually doing it when they are coming out of school)

Hot and mostly sunny here chez Casa Reynard. But there's been a bit of cloud bubbling up in the last hour or so.

Sleep was iffy (too hot, kept waking up). But been busy this morning re-jigging the fridges in the kitchen and utility room, filling up the fruit bowls, shoving stuff in cupboards, that sort of thing. While I was puttering about, I hard boiled some eggs for tomorrow's lunch, and boiled up a load of new potatoes for tonight.

Someone pooped outside the litter tray, and someone barfed on the hall floor, so was also on clean-up duties.

It is almost time for luncheon.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Well, for a start

A UK Football Pitch is 1260 times the length of a Credit Card.

A UK Football Pitch is 1,402 times the height of a Credit Card.

Meaning it would take 1,766,520 credit cards to cover a UK sized football pitch.

Does a football pitch have a height?

I ask, not being a fan of football in any way, although my dog is very keen on joining in with any game involving balls.

1655901931467.png

Hebe

getting better all the time
Thank you @cookiemonster I shall look them up.
Soul destroying phone conversation with utility supplier this morning. Them: "Your gas bill is estimated because you don't have a smart meter for gas and you still need to submit monthly meter readings to us". Me: "I do have a gas smart meter and it was installed by your engineer on 7th June. I am stood in front of it and it says smart meter on the front." That was a long conversation for both of us. Followed by a 10km bike ride with Mr Hebe. That was nice.

Top Bottom