Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This makes sense; humanure was hot property in many countries until comparatively recently, in fact cities in (I think ) China used to auction the rights to take the stuff away. Mind you, composting it is apparently a wise move before sticking it on fields.

Tomatoes in those days tasted better as well but really more to do with variety. Now they are grown for quantity and not taste and in my youth they did not have the hard centres they have now.

The "Big Houses" on country estates used to have a large tank into which all the toilets emptied. The contents were used for mainly tomatoes in greenhouses.This would have been before septic tanks and my father was an apprentice then journeyman gardener on several such estates in the Scottish Borders and gave me this information.

I just didn't want anyone to think I'd piddled in the watering can... :laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
I finally got access to my B&B. One of those basically unmanned ones where they text you the access code but for some reason the text never sent to my phone. As there was nobody to stop me, the Brompton is now in my bedroom!

Had a nice dinner but trying to work out why I opted for a pint of dishwater Tennent's Lager.

The cats have eaten their dinner - Felix AGAIL with salmon & courgette. Shortly, I shall be throwing some items into the George Foreman grilly thing.

Green wheelie bin is outside the gate waiting for collection in the morning. Not bothering with the black bag - it's been three weeks since I last put one out, and there's hardly anything in the new one.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
4 tomato plants ready to be planted

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Aaaaaaaaanyhoooo, time to feed the cats (they're staring at me) and then it will be time to feed me.

I finally got access to my B&B. One of those basically unmanned ones where they text you the access code but for some reason the text never sent to my phone. As there was nobody to stop me, the Brompton is now in my bedroom!

Had a nice dinner but trying to work out why I opted for a pint of dishwater Tennent's Lager.

One of the accursed AirB&B? Universally despised by locals in tourist parts of Scotland.

Tenkaykev

Guru

Glasgow hotel

334E167D-9BB1-419A-B89F-0293240EB9F5.jpeg
before our jaunt to Edinburgh

Top Bottom