Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Thank you @cookiemonster I shall look them up.
Soul destroying phone conversation with utility supplier this morning. Them: "Your gas bill is estimated because you don't have a smart meter for gas and you still need to submit monthly meter readings to us". Me: "I do have a gas smart meter and it was installed by your engineer on 7th June. I am stood in front of it and it says smart meter on the front." That was a long conversation for both of us. Followed by a 10km bike ride with Mr Hebe. That was nice.

If they want a reading tell them to come and get it.

tyred

Legendary Member
Now sitting people watching in Stranraer while being deafened by seagulls and a drunk idiot have a loud argument with himself about nothing in particular :evil:

I've tried to contact the the B&B to see if they would let me check in early soi could dump the bike and luggage and go for a coastal perambulation but no response to my phone call/email/ text message and no answer to the doorbell.

classic33

Leg End Member
Does a football pitch have a height?

I ask, not being a fan of football in any way, although my dog is very keen on joining in with any game involving balls.

View attachment 650037
Think they try to keep them as flat and level as possible.

Measurements given(In mm) was the card size. They call it the height, whilst oddly the thickness is referred to as the depth!(0.82mm, not including the card/account details pressed into the card which normally adds another 0.4mm to the cards depth.)

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
There was a little bug with an iridescent carapace upside down, in my garden, kicking its diddy legs around..
I turned it back the right way up but it flipped itself on it's back again. Maybe it was trying to get an all over suntan or possibly it just wanted a tummy tickle.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
after two and a half days with no phone or interweb... I'm back!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Lovely luncheon of a chicken, avocado & spicy bean wrap, plus a flat peach, some strawberries and two :cuppa:

I have just watered the tomatoes. Their water had a splooshette of liquid fertilizer in it. No, not *that* kind of liquid fertilizer... :laugh:

The "Big Houses" on country estates used to have a large tank into which all the toilets emptied. The contents were used for mainly tomatoes in greenhouses.This would have been before septic tanks and my father was an apprentice then journeyman gardener on several such estates in the Scottish Borders and gave me this information.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got thoroughly done over at Oban hospital. Ultrasound of abdomen area first then CT Scan as the ultrasound could not see my pancreas and various other bits of interest. A report will go to my GP who will be in touch eventually. The last CT Scan I had found a large gallstone and I did not get out for nearly a week but they let me go this time so far.
DIL now has custody of her brother's dog for a fortnight. Not tried to bite me as the other one did but could lick me to death instead and barks a lot.:wacko:

The "Big Houses" on country estates used to have a large tank into which all the toilets emptied. The contents were used for mainly tomatoes in greenhouses.This would have been before septic tanks and my father was an apprentice then journeyman gardener on several such estates in the Scottish Borders and gave me this information.

This makes sense; humanure was hot property in many countries until comparatively recently, in fact cities in (I think ) China used to auction the rights to take the stuff away. Mind you, composting it is apparently a wise move before sticking it on fields.

Top Bottom