Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Tomatoes in those days tasted better as well but really more to do with variety. Now they are grown for quantity and not taste and in my youth they did not have the hard centres they have now.

I have grown some heirloom varieties like German Pink and German Striped tomatoes, as well as Mortgage Lifters, aka Radiator Charlies. They are denser, with less liquid and better tasting flesh. Beefsteak and Big Boy were the edge of the wedge of mediocrity in tomatoes.

Thanks @Reynard - a bit 'flashy' for me, but added to my watch list.

I'm currently in an attic room in a large Irish farmhouse B&B in rural Ireland. We've the whole three rooms, and it's lovely, but didn't have a house sign and has the air of a semi-abandoned mansion about it.

I get the impression that flashy seems to sum them up. Their 1970s stuff is decidedly whacky. :wacko:

Sounds like you've got a restful pad to use as a base. :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks @Reynard - a bit 'flashy' for me, but added to my watch list.

I'm currently in an attic room in a large Irish farmhouse B&B in rural Ireland. We've the whole three rooms, and it's lovely, but didn't have a house sign and has the air of a semi-abandoned mansion about it.
Not haunted is it?

And you're only 27.6 Irish miles from Tipperary.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sounds like you've got a restful pad to use as a base. :okay:
One night only here as it's en route, we're near Cork (Mallow/Kanturk) tomorrow for three nights after this.

What I do know is the ceilings and door frames appear to be made for someone about 5' 4" :B)
Not haunted is it?
We will find out ... :ph34r:

It IS a lovely house though.

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
The small bedside lamp is about twenty feet away from the bed in this room. Major design screw-up...

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Dog.jpg

This is so me. :laugh:

Top Bottom