Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cool, grey and blustery here chez Casa Reynard.

I did not sleep well. Too hot, too cold, brain galloping away with assorted bits of writing. So I'm a bit of a grumpypants today. But I have done a load of laundry and some writing, finally managed to iron out the last of the kinks left behind through accidentally deleting a whole chunk of this chapter.

I've also made a stack of notes for a much later and rather important chapter. Notes (and a few lines of pertinent dialogue) are better, I've found, than trying to get the whole scene down in writing, no matter how tempting it is to immerse yourself in the moment you want to bring to life. Because you just end up having to rewrite the whole shebang anyway because your characters have evolved beyond the point where you're at right now.

Anyways, it's time for luncheon.

classic33

Leg End Member
1656940002727.png

@Andy in Germany, how do you pronounce it?

postman

Legendary Member
well i think the front bedroom is finished.I walked out at 13-15 after painting the door.Since then i have had a jam and bread sarnie and a short snooze in the conservatory.Going to give it while 16-15 after a brew to go back in and see if the emulsion has covered well enough to call it a draw.Its been five coats due to a dark blue starting point,its now i HOPE a lovely silver grey colour,it was murky and dark as i applied the final coat which was not good and i nearly ran out of paint,i was digging into the depths of the roller tray the paint tin itself and the cutting in paint kettle,then i laid it off with the roller.Luckily it was only a short section of wall,and one not prominent,but all looked well as i walked out for a rest.Anyway i will find out soon.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A doing nothing much day today but got out for a short car run to attend to some chores.
Not currently raining but still cold and windy.
Cancelled an audiology appointment in Oban but they will be over at what my late wife described as "that hell hole" in Craignure on Wednesday and was persuaded to make the 42 mile round trip as they have difficulty getting people to attend that clinic due to access difficulties. Why build a hospital complex somewhere with bad mobile signal and only realistically accessible by car?:wacko:

Top Bottom