Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's turned into a nice and mostly sunny afternoon / early evening. I puttered about in the garden doing a few things.

Now having a :cuppa: and researching some lots on the 'bay. A few interesting bits have come up, but all with assorted condition issues.

postman

Legendary Member
I am sat in the conservatory with a glass of 1664.Decorating is done apart from the skirting boards need another coat a bit of bleeding in from the emulsion,thought i was taking a chance.Now it does look a tiny bit shady,but the big tree outside and the bedroom blinds will defuse that problem i have not done bad for a 72 year old.Time for my pint.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I had to plug my aerial in today to watch the cricket highlights. Because I live in sight of the transmitters, I have never had to bother plugging it in to the block's rooftop aerial - simply having a coaxial cable to the tv has been enough. But workmen have been attaching metal brackets into the outside of the walls and something to do with there is breaking up the signal.

classic33

Leg End Member
I had to plug my aerial in today to watch the cricket highlights. Because I live in sight of the transmitters, I have never had to bother plugging it in to the block's rooftop aerial - simply having a coaxial cable to the tv has been enough. But workmen have been attaching metal brackets into the outside of the walls and something to do with there is breaking up the signal.
Partial Faraday Cage.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you noticed @fossyant has been quiet since he mentioned exterminate!

I'm here. They also had some big monster washer with fancy LED lights, that's better than the one our staff zoom about on cleaning the Italian stone floor we have in the building. I said 'Stephen' (one of our staff who drives the washer machine - I really want a go), wouldn't be happy if the floor cleaning was replace by the 'bot'. My word it was loud. Created some giggles today, which is nice being back in the office.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm here. They also had some big monster washer with fancy LED lights, that's better than the one our staff zoom about on cleaning the Italian stone floor we have in the building. I said 'Stephen' (one of our staff who drives the washer machine - I really want a go), wouldn't be happy if the floor cleaning was replace by the 'bot'. My word it was loud. Created some giggles today, which is nie being back in the office.
What are its jokes like, any good.
Did it burst into song.

And at least you live to see it another day.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What are its jokes like, any good.
Did it burst into song.

And at least you live to see it another day.

Didn't catch the jokes etc, other than it's voice was 'loud' from across a big building. Just watched some videos of them, and I recon they'd be great fun at the Uni, but we can't spend that money on cleaning kit, all be it cool and a big 'hit' - it was an external company having a conference using our facilities as student's have gone home.

PS Our cleaning staff are ace in our building, it's spotless, and all done by 8am, so a fancy robot wouldn't be seen. Our team are outstanding. They have really taken pride in the building since it was built 8 or so years ago. They do us proud, and that's with stinky students in it.

Top Bottom