Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Vacuuming has been done... Freddie Mercury impression has finished.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bright morning so far but light cloud forecast which seems to be happening as the sun is now vanishing. Started out with shorts but I think may go back to longs as it is not too warm with no sunshine.
There are three yachts anchored in the Diorlinn which is a narrow passage between Calve Island and mainland Mull. One has been there from time to time for a few weeks now but they mostly prefer the expensive fleshpots of the marina nowadays.
A beautiful and quiet place to anchor and we used to go down there somedays for lunch [ and perhaps a G&T or two] in good weather.
We also had an amazing rainbow yesterday evening which remained for about half an hour. Very vivid and stretching to earth at both ends.

Bright morning so far but light cloud forecast which seems to be happening as the sun is now vanishing. Started out with shorts but I think may go back to longs as it is not too warm with no sunshine.
There are three yachts anchored in the Diorlinn which is a narrow passage between Calve Island and mainland Mull. One has been there from time to time for a few weeks now but they mostly prefer the expensive fleshpots of the marina nowadays.
A beautiful and quiet place to anchor and we used to go down there somedays for lunch [ and perhaps a G&T or two] in good weather.
We also had an amazing rainbow yesterday evening which remained for about half an hour. Very vivid and stretching to earth at both ends.

Sorry ! I thought you wrote thongs ! :ohmy:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Son no. 2 has been ordering blind from menu's whilst in France - deliberately choosing dishes where he doesn't understand the description or words.

To date he's done well, with steak etc. being delivered.

This evening his luck ran out : marinated sheep testicles xx(

I remember a bunch of us in a factory canteen in Paris, from various European countries. I picked something that looked safe, one of the Irish lads picked something that looked suspiciously like brain to me. Back at the table, following a discussion, he decided not to eat it.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Here is a another conundrum for you!

I bought a second water butt, something I had been thinking about for months. Yesterday it got connected to a down pipe. Will it be my fault if we do not get any rain, or my fault if we get lots of rain? :scratch::blink:

Yes.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I made some pastry yesterday to top some blackberry & apples that I'd simmered for 19 minutes.
Usually, my pastry is goddam awful but I tried a new recipe for sweet pastry, baked for it 50 mins Gas Mk5 and it was bloomin' lovely!! 👌

Last edited:
Top Bottom