Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
A lovely morning. After breakfast I decided to come to wander around the park as I hadn't been in ages. It is quite a big park and uphill to reach the top of it. It's always really busy around the car park but basically nobody walks up the hill but they miss out on a nice view across the river. I'm sitting here in peace and quiet in the sunshine now. Only other person who came up is the woman who has a Highland Terrier called Gizmo that I've met here before.

I see there is now a coffee vvan down in car park. Why is no longer possible for anyone to walk more than ten feet without a takeaway coffee.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Second cuppa went down well
Why does everyone want everything now

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It was what shops were for. You went in , bought things and then walked out with them !

All this ordering things and then waiting for them is so Iron Curtain ! :whistle:

I'm afraid I've just this minute ordered 2 tops from Amazon :laugh: I bought one the other day and was so impressed with it on my long, hilly walk this morning that I've ordered another two in different colours.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
You had the gas on for 50 minutes! Blimey, you must be made of money 😉

Well, funny you should mention that.. In the quest to save pennies, I also put some sweet potato wedges in to go with my tea, some cubed sweet potato to soften it up a bit for the dog and a baked some flapjacks with the residual heat.

I ran out of shelves after that or I'd have bunged summat else in, too! :laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
Back home now to make something to eat before work. I'm not liking these new work hours at all, thankfully it is only temporary. I prefer to start work early and get it out of the way.

Treated myself to a choc ice on the way back from the park. €1.80:ohmy: Somewhere back in midst of time when dinosaurs roamed the earth and Willie Nelson was young, I seem to remember a choc ice costing 19 1/2 pence in the local shop.

D

Deleted member 26715

Back home now to make something to eat before work. I'm not liking these new work hours at all, thankfully it is only temporary. I prefer to start work early and get it out of the way.
I could never get on with starting at lunch time & then finishing 8-9pm I never got anything done, never got anything done in a morning for fear of not getting it finished before I had to go to work, then by the time you got home it was too late to start.

Although SIL & daughter like it & it works for them, he's been doing it 10+ years now, he gets to take the kids to school, then has a couple of hours to himself/housework then she picks them up from school when she finishes work

D

Deleted member 1258

I could never get on with starting at lunch time & then finishing 8-9pm I never got anything done, never got anything done in a morning for fear of not getting it finished before I had to go to work, then by the time you got home it was too late to start.

Although SIL & daughter like it & it works for them, he's been doing it 10+ years now, he gets to take the kids to school, then has a couple of hours to himself/housework then she picks them up from school when she finishes work

The strangest one I did was 9:45am start and a 18:45pm finish, that was wierd.

tyred

Legendary Member

That's what I find too. I'm doing 1 - 9:30pm as I need to attend a US based training session for six weeks. I don't really want to start something or go somewhere in the morning as I know I have work later so it's largely wasted time and I just procrastinate. I had assumed I would do lots of cycling every morning before work in the afternoon but I haven't really. The need to be home at a fixed time means I can't meander all over the countryside on a whim like I prefer to do and I also find there is more traffic on the roads on a weekday morning which I don't like.

It will of course suit some people just fine but I'm not one of them.

Top Bottom