Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When you install another water butt, you need to make sure that water poured into the guttering goes into the butt (that the connecting hose is level). What else do you need to do? :scratch:

We connected ours at the top from one to the other so that when one was full it overflowed into the other .
Ours came with a flexible pipe and fittings to do this .

Warm and breezy here chez Casa Reynard, with a lot of high cloud. It rained overnight, but looks like it didn't amount to that much.

I slept really well (hoorayyyyy!) and have ad a morning puttering around doing stuff. That included watering the tomatoes and making tabbouleh for this evening's supper.

This afternoon I have some errands to run, including popping back to Tesco. When I went on Saturday evening, most of their chiller units were out of order. Hopefully they should have that sorted by now, so I can pick up some deli and some dairy. Might sort out another batch of prints for the archive while I'm at it.

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Close the tap?

Yes, correct! ^_^

A virtual packet of custard creams is on it's way to you!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
In my working days I always had an early start. Farming the milking started at 0530 then after that was done we stopped for breakfast but the day's end was flexible depending on season.
Postman I had a spell of starting at 0430 which was a 5 mile commute by bike but mostly started at 0630 and finished at I think 1300.
Distilling days sometimes started whenever we had a breakdown which could be the middle of the night and not stopping till the problem was fixed. This sometimes entailed wakening boiler repairmen and meeting them anywhere up to 20 miles away to get spare parts. Got stopped by plod once as we drove into a closed petrol station at about 2AM and after a quick exchange of a parcel drove off with barely a stop. They were a bit disappointed to find we were not drug couriers.:angel:
Self employed usually started at 0700 but if on mainland trips mostly a 0530 start to get quiet roads and make good progress.
I never had a job which had a routine apart from the post office.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Quite a nice trike run at lunchtime today but marked difference in road manners from morning motorists.
Two close passes from behind which were probably partly my own fault for not taking up the whole carriageway. The rest not one gave me thanks for pulling over into a passing place.
On my early morning runs nearly everyone gives a wave or a flash of hazard lights depending on direction of travel.
Cold as temp. never rose above 15C with a brisk wind adding wind chill so I had on bikesters and full finger gloves.
It is now raining gently again and not forecast to stop for several days. Getting definitely autumnal.
There can be some nice weather in September and the yacht club had the annual 'Cabbage Cruise" then with several boats cruising in company for about 10 days. We just shut the workshop as our "Head Girl" and husband also had a boat and sailed with us.
It was a slack time as our main orders came in October when we attended Trade Fairs.

PS It was called the Cabbage Cruise because one year somebody brought a solid cabbage over a foot on diameter which was shared and lasted the whole cruise.😄

Last edited:
Top Bottom