Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sat outside son no 2's school whilst he collects his A-level results.

That bit's 'mundane', the importance of the results isn't.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_1711~2.JPG

Not a very good pic (phone, zoomed in and cropped, through a double glazed window) of the herd of Goldfinches & one Sparrow, visiting my bird feeder this morning.

tyred

Legendary Member
Some drizzle on my morning perambulation of the Valley of Cones and now there are actually roadworks starting at another place as well.

The Cathedral clock appears to be running fast again. It was chiming four minutes before the hour. They seem to let it get to ten minutes fast before correcting it.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Son no. 2 got A's in Politics and Geography, a B in History and somehow wangled a C in Maths.

Not bad given he's had a diagnosis of Dyslexia and Dysgraphia over the summer, where his school had only given him a laptop and nothing else (he can't write). We paid for the official diagnosis after the DSA requested it. Don't get me started on the lack of support from a selective grammar school, which has just failed an Ofsted due to poor support for their sixth-formers.

He'll be off to the University of Nottingham to study History and Politics.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
View attachment 657772

Not a very good pic (phone, zoomed in and cropped, through a double glazed window) of the herd of Goldfinches & one Sparrow, visiting my bird feeder this morning.

The collective noun for goldfinches is a charm.

pawl

Legendary Member
Son no. 2 got A's in Politics and Geography, a B in History and somehow wangled a C in Maths.

Not bad given he's had a diagnosis of Dyslexia and Dysgraphia over the summer, where his school had only given him a laptop and nothing else (he can't write). We paid for the official diagnosis after the DSA requested it. Don't get me started on the lack of support from a selective grammar school, which has just failed an Ofsted due to poor support for their sixth-formers.

He'll be off to the University of Nottingham to study History and Politics.

Well done to son number two.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Top Bottom