Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Deep in the jungle

1660827457419.png

The previous owners had planted blackthorn, presumably as a security barrier, with a rather nice bush in front. Sadly it has a got a bit overgrown, with multiple holly bushes and brambles joining in the fun!. This year I wanted to cut it down to about 5', to make it easier to manage, but there was one corner I couldn't reach. So out came a holly and a thorn and in went some loppers. Lots to cut out & shred.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Started the day out raining and then about midday the sun came out with a lovely blue sky. Lasted just long enough for everyone to put away the waterproofs and go out and then started raining again.
Post delivered a Saturday morning outpatients appointment at Oban hospital. Never heard of Saturday cllnics before and the chances of getting a ferry booking are pretty slim since it is changeover day for holiday homes and everything booked months ago. Oban usually has more sense when it comes to timings but this was probably done in an office in Inverness.
My wildlife pal had a need to travel on a Saturday and the only ferry he could get was the 0710 which means leaving home about 0600. He cancelled .
I need to investigate further to see if family will be at home so I would have to travel on Friday or perhaps even Thursday and not get home before Monday as Sunday boats on will be crammed already.
The joys of island life or why I hate tourists or rather mass tourism which destroys everything it touches.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Deep in the jungle

View attachment 657831

The previous owners had planted blackthorn, presumably as a security barrier, with a rather nice bush in front. Sadly it has a got a bit overgrown, with multiple holly bushes and brambles joining in the fun!. This year I wanted to cut it down to about 5', to make it easier to manage, but there was one corner I couldn't reach. So out came a holly and a thorn and in went some loppers. Lots to cut out & shred.

Blackthorn is good for making walking sticks if long enough and reasonably straight.
I had my eye on one nice looking bush near me but somebody got there first and the stick I wanted had gone.

Daughter moved to another state, here in the US. now the car is an issue because the loan is in my name, as-is the registration & our insurance company won't insure it out of state (on a permanent basis). it would actually be easier for her to buy an entirely other car, in her new state! otherwise she'd have to buy it from me w/ a new loan, then have that bank provide a new title to the other state (with her name on it), plus other stuff ... :wacko:

Evening. We are back from our visit to Yorkshire . Georgie was missing when we got home and it was worrying as he hadn't eaten his food that was put down for him . All is now well ! He has turned up feeling very hungry. I watched him as he ate his wet food and then went to his biscuits . He has missed us as he has been in the living room and had some long ear rubs and a jump up onto my lap . He doesn't want to over do it. He has now gone back out again .

Cold cooked chicken for supper, plus tabbouleh and cucumber and sweetcorn. :hungry:

I was going to have the last of the steamed green beans and broccoli, but sadly, they've developed language skills and have been consigned to the green bin. :sad:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I still can't decide which vouchers to get with my bonus - Decathlon as they have some bike wheels available, Currys or Argos for a new big TV, John Lewis/Waitrose for a new small TV and some 🍺🍺, various others for food & drink outings, etc. Plentry of time to make my mind up.

In other news I have just booked September's entrance tickets for the National Rail Museum.

Top Bottom