Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Second cuppa went down well

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I do like Isle of Harris News. This does not really fit in the jokes so putting it here.

DDD2B801-6F7A-4B65-9793-53B1ADC8AF9F.jpeg

tyred

Legendary Member
28 miles completed. Was just starting to rain as I unlocked the door when I got back so that was perfect timing. :okay:

I stopped at a house a few miles down the road as I saw some decent looking hardwood doors lying on a skip and one of them would probably be good for my workshop at my parents house which needs a new door but I couldn't find anyone to ask. Amazing what people throw in skips.

Made fried egg on ham and toasted bagel for lunch. Was clumsy and dropped an egg which was a mess to clean up:banghead:

Now time for my training call.

Warm, dry and occasionally sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept reasonably well, a few interesting dreams, though. Spent the morning peeling and chopping tomatoes and a few other things to make another batch of that kashmiri chutney. I now have no more bought tomatoes. Just as well, because mine are all starting to ripen at a rather alarming rate.

Had a good giggle last night after I discovered that a major motorsport image agency can't identify photos in their archive correctly. Can't even get the right circuit, never mind the right date... :wacko: Spotted the mistakes when I went to cross-check some stuff to make sure I'd catalogued it correctly.

Will be sorting out some specials for Saturday while the chutney cooks. Each household pet in my judge's book will get a little package with some treats, a toy and some home-grown catnip. Plus a small bar of chocolate for their Human.

It is almost time for luncheon.

Son no. 2 got A's in Politics and Geography, a B in History and somehow wangled a C in Maths.

Not bad given he's had a diagnosis of Dyslexia and Dysgraphia over the summer, where his school had only given him a laptop and nothing else (he can't write). We paid for the official diagnosis after the DSA requested it. Don't get me started on the lack of support from a selective grammar school, which has just failed an Ofsted due to poor support for their sixth-formers.

He'll be off to the University of Nottingham to study History and Politics.

Well done that man! :notworthy:

Top Bottom