Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain currently battering my front windows so definitely not going out in that.
Yet another large cruise ship in the bay. The marina must make fortune from landing fees and probably the only thing here to make anything from them. I was on the Harbour Committee until it was pressurised to become a business rather than a local amenity group when I gave up.
FB is more entertaining for once with an enormous motorhome stuck on a roadway which it could not cope with.
Mostly it is just touroid and settlers telling each other how wonderful they are with their holiday snaps. You have to wade through the lost or found dogs and cats section to find anything of real importance like the coop lorry driver has injured himself and there will be no supplies today so panic buy asap.:laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
April showers in August. ? :wacko:
We get April showers all year 'round (and every other kind of rain) :rain:

I have been hanging some washing out . It is nice and sunny with a gentle breeze blowing . Georgie came along to keep me company . I heard 2 faint cries and saw him brushing against my legs . I gave him some strokes and he seemed to settle down on the path next to me. Then he brought out his needle sharp claws! A roll over onto his back and then more claws and biting ! I think he was bored with hanging out the washing and clawed my leg before departing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What rain we had stopped overnight, dry and sunny today for a commute to work - not my normal WFH as a colleague is leaving and she's dropping off her laptop/screen and I'm buying her lunch.

The replaced drive chain is running really nicely (as it should). The eye stye has finally gone down after the last two days of oosing - big lump inside my eye lid. Blasted it with Optrex Infected eye drops. Last two days it's been painful and swollen, so not worth riding to aggravate it.

Got my act together and just back from a ride on my Olmo which l haven't ridden in several months. Two or three things worthy of note ....San Marco Rolls saddle is just the ticket , l had forgotten how very comfortable it is. Secondly , 8spd Campagnolo Record is just a bit to much like hard work.....need more teeth, and finally CRONO tubulars are a bit lively for me ,first thing in the morning.
I had toyed with the idea of selling the bike since l rarely ride it but now l'm thinking "don't be such a wimp,,,,on yer bike sunshine":whistle:
tempImagewD4CT5.png

Top Bottom