Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely luncheon of two slices of wholemeal toast, one with hummus, one with cheddar and tomato chutney (the dollop left from yesterday's making thereof), plus a tangerine, an apricot and some raspberries. And two :cuppa: of course.

I had planned on eating a pear, but when I peeled it and cut in in half, it was all woolly and brown inside. I did try it, but it was bloody awful, so into the green bin it went. I bought these pears on sticker - if I'd paid full price, I'd have been well hacked off, as the whole lot have been rather disappointing.

postman

Legendary Member
I walked through town today carrying a womens handbag,and nobody said anything,not even it does not match your outfit.Mrs P had gone in to Leeds for an eye test,leaving her bag on the table in the front room.After a phonecall home super hero husband caught the next bus andmet up with her.On my way home i sat with a lady friend who said YOU never walked through town with a handbag,she said only you Bob could do that,she found it really funny,she did say it cheered her up to have a laugh.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another day of mixed weather. Went out to do some gardening and it poured with rain after about 5 minutes so back inside when the weather changed again. Cannot win.
Pal saw a velomobile the other day and remarked on it as he had never seen one before. I have certainly seen some recumbents but never anything enclosed here. We have some places with strong side winds which I think could make them a bit of a nightmare. Certainly my car which is a Peugeot Partner catches the wind and a Sherpa Highwayman motorhome we had was a nightmare in high winds.
The yacht anchored in the Diorlinn again makes me wonder if it is somebody living there. In the past we have had quite a few residential boats of varying sizes. It has attractions but I am now too decrepit to cope I think.:sad:
One boat resident was very lucky to escape with his life as he went home from the pub rather too well refreshed and fell out of his dinghy. A local scuba diver happened to notice this and got him out then managed to keep him alive till help arrived pretty quickly.
His nickname was “ The Drunken Dentist” which tells it’s own story.:ohmy:

Top Bottom